8V VCDS Mods

Hello, I would ask if you know if the MMI supports more than 4 audio sources.
Right now I have AMI and I just installed an android computer in the car, but the sound from the android switchboard is only heard on cars that have AUX audio source and in my case it does not come out, I leave the image of my car and the Another identical car, but that does not have AMI:

Mine:
E2Rjz7H.jpg

1 option - SD Card
2 option - CD-Rom
3 option - AMI (iPod)
4 option - Bluetooth audio

My friend:
hL2s6Xb.jpg

1 option - SD Card
2 option - CD-Rom
3 option - AUX connector (jack)

Looking at this I think the difference is not in the cabling, but in the MMI firmware itself that would have to be modified with VCP. Has anyone enabled the AUX source with AMI installed?
regards!

Right now I have AMI and I just installed an android computer in the car, but the sound from the android switchboard is only heard on cars that have AUX audio source and in my case it does not come out, I leave the image of my car and the Another identical car, but that does not have AMI:

Mine:
E2Rjz7H.jpg

1 option - SD Card
2 option - CD-Rom
3 option - AMI (iPod)

My friend:
hL2s6Xb.jpg

1 option - SD Card
2 option - CD-Rom

Looking at this I think the difference is not in the cabling, but in the MMI firmware itself that would have to be modified with VCP. Has anyone enabled the AUX source with AMI installed?
regards!
To retrofit you will need the AUX connection port and the wiring loom that goes back to the rear of the MMI unit as the wiring is different to the AMI. Firmware editing is not needed and the coding can be completed via VCDS:

Image 012

I have not installed one of these but have removed one in order to install AMI/USB. Pretty simple process as long as you have the correct parts.

Reactions: FrA1l3
To retrofit you will need the AUX connection port and the wiring loom that goes back to the rear of the MMI unit as the wiring is different to the AMI. Firmware editing is not needed and the coding can be completed via VCDS:

View attachment 112696

I have not installed one of these but have removed one in order to install AMI/USB. Pretty simple process as long as you have the correct parts.

Ohh perfect, DJAlix!
thank you for your reply. I will try and send you the result. My fault is not coding the change.
best regards!

Reactions: DJAlix
09 - Cent Elect > (13)-Driving light and parking light-Allwetterlicht Ausschaltgrenze

Edit: and this is the switch on limit - (12)-Driving light and parking light-Allwetterlicht Einschaltgrenze

Both of those values on my car are set to 350km/h factory default lol?

Still switches off at circa 70mph

Both of those values on my car are set to 350km/h factory default lol?

Still switches off at circa 70mph
I referenced a map of a car with xenon headlights with normal fogs, which is set the same. I thought that might be due to the lack of All weather lights.

The all weather lights could be linked to the AFS / Static cornering operating speed thresholds... Try testing the following:
09 - Cent Elect
  • (3)-static AFS light-Lower speed threshold
  • (4)-static AFS light-Upper speed threshold

Reactions: Rob2k68
I referenced a map of a car with xenon headlights with normal fogs, which is set the same. I thought that might be due to the lack of All weather lights.

The all weather lights could be linked to the AFS / Static cornering operating speed thresholds... Try testing the following:
09 - Cent Elect
  • (3)-static AFS light-Lower speed threshold
  • (4)-static AFS light-Upper speed threshold

My upper limit is set to 32kmh and lower is 0kmh (factory default)

Yeah I've searched for 'km/h' in the adaptations doc but nothing really relates to the switch off @ circa 70mph

Mine:
E2Rjz7H.jpg

1 option - SD Card
2 option - CD-Rom
3 option - AMI (iPod)

My friend:
hL2s6Xb.jpg

1 option - SD Card
2 option - CD-Rom

regards!
You can only have either Ami or aux connection, but not both. And it will need to be vcd coded. You cab just get an Ami to aux input cable.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: FrA1l3
You can only have either Ami or aux connection, but not both. And it will need to be vcd coded. You cab just get an Ami to aux input cable.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ok, this month I installed an android system, and I put AMI&AUX cables in paralell, but I don't coded it in VCDS. I will try to do this activating this before in vagcom.
WIsj3TA.jpg

regards

Reactions: Rob2k68 and rcnacura
Yeah I've searched for 'km/h' in the adaptations doc but nothing really relates to the switch off @ circa 70mph
I did the same initially :)

I cannot find anything relating to the needed threshold other than the (13)-Driving light and parking light-Allwetterlicht Ausschaltgrenze. I know its set to 350 but I would test it by setting to 255 and then 120 in order to see what happens.

Reactions: Aoon_M
What will that do better Alex ? Wondering if it's going to be worth the upgrade for PFL cars ?
Fully comparable with all MLB II platform and all the new MQB FL modules. More "memory" for future firmware updates. Not sure if it will be able to tweak control module firmware and permissions yet tho. Also Ross-Tech seem to be placing a 10 VIN number limit on it :(

Am awaiting further information and pricing.

Reactions: rcnacura, Martinbanshee, T-800 and 2 others
Not sure what the threshold is, but yes it seems to be speed related, and it does wait until you get pretty close. Sound only, no graphic without hitting the button.

I have a hunch for making the graphic pop-up... might be this:

STG coding -> Select function 07

Select byte 2

Bit 0 - visual representation Einparkhilfe – activate

I really don't know though. If you want to be the guinea pig and test it, please let me know if it works! On second thought... that bit might already be on... have to go check.
I know it's been a long time but do you happen to know how to turn this on with odb11?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VCDS version 17.1.1 now available.

Reactions: Peter Metcalf and pburv
It's on the TT as well and can be adjusted for loudness
Would you happen to know how?

NVM... found how its done via the TT and think I know what needs to be activated.

For anyone that wondering... this cannot be done via VCDS :(

Please can you PM me details on this? Thanks Matti
You would need to find your Leuchte channels which are configured as "Abblendlicht", then change the AB value:

Example based on PFL with LED headlights:
  • Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lasttyp 6 = LED Abblendlicht (usage = dipped beam)
  • Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion A 6 = Abblendlicht links (function A = Left dipped beam)
  • Leuchte6ABL LC5-Dimmwert AB 6 = Value you would like (LED = 127max)

Reactions: Sandra and Helifella
Thanks,

Would I need to repeat this for the right side too?
Any idea what they're set to as standard and what is a safe increase in value please?

Thanks,

Would I need to repeat this for the right side too?
Any idea what they're set to as standard and what is a safe increase in value please?
Yup, you would need to find the right side also. The above is just an example as I have found that the same spec cars can be configured differently, so make sure that you find the correct channels.
  • LED lights can go up to 127
  • Normal lights go to 100
Not sure what factory would be to be honest. Some cars seem to be set at 100 but the last one I looked at was already at 127.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Helifella
Lovely thanks. Will have a play and let you know.

On a different subject, have you seen the Start stop memory function that's come to light? I've not been in here for ages so forgive me if I've overlooked it and you've all seen it.

@DJAlix

Pardon if I missed this in the hundreds of posts in this thread but is there a way to enable just the DRL (and not both DRL + HID lamp) when I unlock the S3 at night?

There was coding for this with my previous Golf R Mk7 so I gotta believe it's possible for the 8V models as well.

Thx.

Just activated needle sweep and it took a while before I found out it only works if you don't have your foot on the brake while you turn the key :p

Don't know if it's supposed to be like this? Or maybe it's just like this on the facelift?

Reactions: DJAlix
@DJAlix

Pardon if I missed this in the hundreds of posts in this thread but is there a way to enable just the DRL (and not both DRL + HID lamp) when I unlock the S3 at night?

There was coding for this with my previous Golf R Mk7 so I gotta believe it's possible for the 8V models as well.

Thx.
Its possible as its how I had my PFL set up :) Don't think I ever posted the coding but its:
  • 09 - Cent Elect
  • (8)-Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 = Not Active
  • (8)-Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 = Not Active
  • Both channels should be set as the following from the factory: Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
*Before changing these reference the Lasttyp in order to make sure that its configured as "XXX Abblendlicht", example:
  • Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lasttyp 6 = Xenon Abblendlicht (Xenon Headlight)
If not then you will need to have a dig around in the other channels in order to find "Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv" and then reference the lasttyp etc.

Also check that the following is set as needed: 09 > Adaptations > Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten.

This is also possible on FL cars as I have seen the coding but I am yet to test due to having no time :(

Reactions: Rob2k68 and BodegaBay
Just activated needle sweep and it took a while before I found out it only works if you don't have your foot on the brake while you turn the key :p

Don't know if it's supposed to be like this? Or maybe it's just like this on the facelift?
Might just be FL cars with normal instruments that do this as my VC sweeps / stages on every ignition acc / terminal 15, foot on brake included.

Lovely thanks. Will have a play and let you know.

On a different subject, have you seen the Start stop memory function that's come to light? I've not been in here for ages so forgive me if I've overlooked it and you've all seen it.
Not a problem :)

Start / Stop memory function?

@DJAlix

Thx.

Did this on my Leon too so that the light didn't disturb the houses across the road - would also be keen to do this.

Its possible as its how I had my PFL set up :) Don't think I ever posted the coding but its:
  • 09 - Cent Elect
  • (8)-Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion C 6 = Not Active
  • (8)-Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion C 7 = Not Active
  • Both channels should be set as the following from the factory: Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv
*Before changing these reference the Lasttyp in order to make sure that its configured as "XXX Abblendlicht", example:
  • Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lasttyp 6 = Xenon Abblendlicht (Xenon Headlight)
If not then you will need to have a dig around in the other channels in order to find "Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv" and then reference the lasttyp etc.

Also check that the following is set as needed: 09 > Adaptations > Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten.

Thanks @DJAlix ! I'm not so versed on all the VCDS nomenclature but cam follow if the steps are laid out. I also have a 8v PFL so this helps.

Here's the Mk7 Golf Rs steps (with the exception of some distinct DRL features between it and the A3/S3, it matches your instructions):

https:

//docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jr7F2_5Pco8voSXeNzGdobBIBMNCIgyKR8bMxec1M_Q/pubhtml

Thanks @DJAlix ! I'm not so versed on all the VCDS nomenclature but cam follow if the steps are laid out. I also have a 8v PFL so this helps.

Here's the Mk7 Golf Rs steps (with the exception of some distinct DRL features between it and the A3/S3, it matches your instructions):

Cannot see the guide you posted up but if everything seems to match for the most part then you should be good to go. Just remember to make notes so you have something to work from should it all go pear-shaped :)

Cannot see the guide you posted up but if everything seems to match for the most part then you should be good to go. Just remember to make notes so you have something to work from should it all go pear-shaped :)
Sorry try this (I had to separate the https for ot to show here)

https:

//docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jr7F2_5Pco8voSXeNzGdobBIBMNCIgyKR8bMxec1M_Q/pubhtml

Last edited: