8V VCDS Mods

Welcome :)

To be honest I would not compare previous cars / models to what we have as there seems to be a lot of differences in the way that options and features are implemented, for example the Green Engineering menu in which A4, A5, A6 cars etc could activate Drive select and maybe VIM... but on our cars Standard MMI = can do next to nothing, TechPack = can do even less believe it or not lol

Long Coding Bytes and Bits are the ones which need mapping / labelling as Adaptations are always present, just maybe in german. So there is no chance of any more adaptations popping up in newer versions of VCDS unless they are added within a firmware update of the module or a newer version of the module hardware.

It may well be that Auto Hold is activated via Adaptations but tweaked within Long Coding, and the needed Bit for "function state" is unlabelled... in fact, even with beta 16.3.1, all of 03 - ABS is currently unlabelled :(

Edit: should have said... unlabelled at least for my current hardware and firmware version of 03 - ABS.

Makes perfect sense. So then my next question would be -- how do I get deeper into it and look for the adaptation (I can try to translate the German!) that seems to be missing?

I looked at admaps of other models that seem to have the same ABS module, and this is how similar it is:

Other vehicle:
Code:
;SW:5Q0-907-379-AC HW:5Q0-907-379-D --- ABS Brakes              
;Component:ESC H75 0437    Coding:01FA8AA1202312700377060701C32980510448C0608094F3002A0028C1        
;EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB    8020    EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB_AU37.rod    
;Saturday    2    August    2014
;VCDS Version: Release 12.12.0 Data version: 20130910              
;VCID: 7DF1154CECFCAFF6FF5-8028              
;With access code for module controller              

ABS in lower speed range    activated        
Activating and deactivating all development messages    0        
AUTO HOLD functional status    Last setting        
AUTO HOLD functionality    not activated        
AUTO HOLD increase threshold; full tensioning force    10%        
AUTO HOLD increase threshold; reduced tensioning force    0%        
AUTO HOLD slippage recognition    activated

My vehicle:

Code:
;SW:3Q0-907-379-AA   HW:3Q0-907-379-F ---  ABS Brakes              
;Component:ESC           H42 0623     Coding:13FF6A9234210A73017F030681CB29C8562C5080C08194B6024100548208          
;EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB    34036    EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB_AU37.rod      
;Wednesday    28    October    2015    15:34:54:59061
;VCDS Version: Release 15.7.1 (x64)  Data version: 20150904              
;VCID: 79D71FE2F83FE7F61A-802C              

Activating and deactivating all development messages    not active            
AUTO HOLD functionality    not activated            [OK, this line now says activated, posting an older admap here, but otherwise identical]

As you can see, nearly identical, just need "AUTO HOLD functional status" in mine...

Makes perfect sense. So then my next question would be -- how do I get deeper into it and look for the adaptation (I can try to translate the German!) that seems to be missing?

I looked at admaps of other models that seem to have the same ABS module, and this is how similar it is:

Other vehicle:
Code:
;SW:5Q0-907-379-AC HW:5Q0-907-379-D --- ABS Brakes             
;Component:ESC H75 0437    Coding:01FA8AA1202312700377060701C32980510448C0608094F3002A0028C1       
;EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB    8020    EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB_AU37.rod   
;Saturday    2    August    2014
;VCDS Version: Release 12.12.0 Data version: 20130910             
;VCID: 7DF1154CECFCAFF6FF5-8028             
;With access code for module controller             

ABS in lower speed range    activated       
Activating and deactivating all development messages    0       
AUTO HOLD functional status    Last setting       
AUTO HOLD functionality    not activated       

My vehicle:

Code:
;SW:3Q0-907-379-AA   HW:3Q0-907-379-F ---  ABS Brakes             
;Component:ESC           H42 0623     Coding:13FF6A9234210A73017F030681CB29C8562C5080C08194B6024100548208         
;EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB    34036    EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB_AU37.rod     
;Wednesday    28    October    2015    15:34:54:59061
;VCDS Version: Release 15.7.1 (x64)  Data version: 20150904             
;VCID: 79D71FE2F83FE7F61A-802C             

Activating and deactivating all development messages    not active           
AUTO HOLD functionality    not activated            [OK, this line now says activated, posting an older admap here, but otherwise identical]

As you can see, nearly identical, just need "AUTO HOLD functional status" in mine...

Well to be honest you can't look for the adaptation as "the list" is always complete due to its nature... Impossible to pick an option from the dropdown menu (VCDS) or Table / Group (VCP) if its not populated to begin with... and Audi populates all possible adaptations (at that moment in time and relevant to that module) from the get go... if you see what I mean?

Put another way - Adaptations, Bytes and Bits are always 100% populated and available. Adaptations are labeled from the factory due to their configuration and usage method. Bytes and Bits do not come labeled as the dealer tools perform this function within their GUI interfaces. VCDS is never supplied with the meanings or translations, they are discovered and reverse engineered.

The only way to add an option to the list would be to update the firmware of the module in question, assuming that the new firmware contains new options (it might also remove options) and the current hardware supports them also.

From the information you have posted above I can see that the modules in question have both different hardware and software versions from each other. In order to investigate what you are after further you will need to pull information from a factory equipped car and pull the coding apart, but this will not be easy without the bit's being labelled.

Reactions: acr2001
Well to be honest you can't look for the adaptation as "the list" is always complete due to its nature... Impossible to pick an option from the dropdown menu (VCDS) or Table / Group (VCP) if its not populated to begin with... and Audi populates all possible adaptations (at that moment in time and relevant to that module) from the get go... if you see what I mean?

Put another way - Adaptations, Bytes and Bits are always 100% populated and available. Adaptations are labeled from the factory due to their configuration and usage method. Bytes and Bits do not come labeled as the dealer tools perform this function within their GUI interfaces. VCDS is never supplied with the meanings or translations, they are discovered and reverse engineered.

The only way to add an option to the list would be to update the firmware of the module in question, assuming that the new firmware contains new options (it might also remove options) and the current hardware supports them also.

From the information you have posted above I can see that the modules in question have both different hardware and software versions from each other. In order to investigate what you are after further you will need to pull information from a factory equipped car and pull the coding apart, but this will not be easy without the bit's being labelled.

That (unfortunately) makes perfect sense. Thanks for all your help as always.

Reactions: DJAlix
For you guys that have the Xenon headlights, does your headlights exhibit the winking behavior when you initiate the turn signal?

Our Xenons over here do that and I hate it. The first time I noticed this I thought the my daytime running light LED blew out.

Request:
Do you have an adaptation that keeps front parking sensors always on instead of having to select them.

Thanks

Request:
Do you have an adaptation that keeps front parking sensors always on instead of having to select them.

Thanks

Enable automatic activation of parking tones when approaching obstacle
Select STG 10 (Park/Steer Assist)
STG access authorization - Select function 16
Enter access code 71679
STG coding -> Select function 07
Select Byte 3
Enable Bit 4

This will not display the visual parking view on the MMI. It will reduce audio volume (as per MMI setting) and start the beeping which is still very useful. It activates from a distance of about 2ft (0.6m) I find.

Occasionally if going down a steep slope or if someone walks behind you when it traffic this will also activate it but pressing the button will switch it off. I find the advantages far outweigh these little issues.

Reactions: pburv and mr gee
Reactions: pburv
Any way to stop the radio/media automatically turning on when starting the car. I find this pretty annoying as if the radio was off when stopping, why turn it on automatically when starting!?

Is it possible to have the car start with the Audi Drive Select menu?

Anyone know the min radio volume on startup is?

Seen this, but we don't have it on the MQB
56 - Radio -> Adaption -> Channel 04, Maximum Activation Vol, add 16-100% to your value

is there any update on the mag ride cancellation coding? for those who changed out the whole suspension on a car with mag ride.

is there any update on the mag ride cancellation coding? for those who changed out the whole suspension on a car with mag ride.
The adaptation related Security Access Codes are still known as far as I am aware.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Anyone know the min radio volume on startup is?

Seen this, but we don't have it on the MQB
56 - Radio -> Adaption -> Channel 04, Maximum Activation Vol, add 16-100% to your value
Current MMI units, both SD and TechPack, do not have an adaptation for this.

sorry I'm not following.
In order to code anything within Mag Ride you need the security access codes, which like the ABS module, seem to be unique to each adaptation channel.

I tested this the other day but tying to change the "(1)-Adapting high values-Body height left front wheel house edge" value and the "main" security access code was rejected. Unfortunately we did not have the time available to be able to find codes as scanning from 00000 to 99999 takes approx 4 hours.

As Mag Ride seems to be becoming popular request wise these days... is there anyone in or around London, with a Mag Ride equipped car, that would be willing to let me perform some security code finding magic in exchange for my coding services? Anything from VCDS to VCP to VIM activation :) Would be a great help to the forum...

wow that is good news that your going to attempt this.

its one of the reasons I'm not changing the suspension out, its all those cel lights that come up. I wonder if it goes into limp mode when these lights come up.

is it not the same as before with a set of codes to try out instead of going from 0000-9999

Some mag/electronic suspension delete kits come with a plug you replace the shock absorb connection with - the plug fools the car into thinking the mag ride is still installed. Not sure if you can get it for the 8V, but have seen it on many other VAG platforms.

I have read about those. it doesn't seem to work out perfectly. cel lights still do come on when those drivers do hard cornering's. not sure what's going on with those. its really best to just get the computer to not see those mag suspension anymore.

I have read about those. it doesn't seem to work out perfectly. cel lights still do come on when those drivers do hard cornering's. not sure what's going on with those. its really best to just get the computer to not see those mag suspension anymore.

http://www.kwsuspensions.net/kw-ddc-ecu-coilovers-inox-41418.html

These claim to work with factory fit Drive Select - no mention of RS3 on the compatibility but it could be as they haven't updated it yet. Might be worth getting in touch with KW to see what they say about a delete 'module'.

I cant find it right now but there is a guy in audizine.com that has contacted kw and was working with them for a while. it still not resolved yet. the units wont compensate for really lowered cars that make are turns. it seems to go out of range for the plug ins.

How do you turn your drl into a sweeping indicator? Tia
Cannot be done via coding as our cars do not have multi channel LED units. You would need to retrofit facelift lights when then become available or use a 3rd party aftermarket kit (only for the rear so far).

Cannot be done via coding as our cars do not have multi channel LED units. You would need to retrofit facelift lights when then become available or use a 3rd party aftermarket kit (only for the rear so far).
How Isit done for the back mate?

Throwing this one out there before adding it to my PDF as I could use help:

Automatic Rain Closing

09 - Central Electronics
Security Access - 16
Code = 31347
(15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus = Active (Rain Closing On / Off)
(16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art = Permanent (Rain Closing Type)
(28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen = Active (Driver Assist Rain Closing Menu)

09 - Central Electronics
Select Long Coding Helper
Select RLFS from Dropdown Menu
Change Long Code to 06A8DD

Testing:

1) Light Switch in Auto position.
2) Wiper stalk in 1st / Auto position.
3) All windows fully open.
4) Locked car and wait for 2 mins.
5) Spray water on windscreen sensor and bam... windows close :)

Coming Home / Leaving Lights still work as before and without issue.
Comfort Opening and Closing still work as before and without issue.
Auto Lights and Wipers still work as before and without issue.

I do however have the following issues:

1) No matter what I do I cannot get the Rain Closing Menu to display. I tried an MMI reset with the menu + ok + top right selection button's, ignition on / off, nothing. In Fact there are a few menus I cannot seem to activate, including MMI Oil Level and Windows, which is strange as Menu's like Driving School, Exterior Lighting and Wipers (Rain Sensor On and Off) show up as soon as they are coded. Only TPMS needed the MMI reset so far.

2) In addition to having four windows I also have a panoramic sunroof, which does is not auto rain closing. I cannot find any additional channels for this so believe that the option to include the sunroof within "rain closing" is within the MMI Rain Menu.

For those of you with no sunroof, have fun, this works well :) ...but I was wondering if anyone with Auto Lights and a Sunroof would be willing to assist me with some testing...

As an aside, I will be publishing an updated version of my PDF tomorrow with a good number of new adaptations, including how to change both MMI and DIS Logos :)

Do you know how to translate the second half (long coding) for use with an OBDeleven device?

Do you know how to translate the second half (long coding) for use with an OBDeleven device?
No idea how the ODBeleven thingy works. Can you not just enter the coding, or can you only tick boxes with it?

I believe you can do both, but there is not a long coding helper menu where you can select RLFS. Sorry, I'm new to this and just bought the device. I originally purchased so I could reset my inspection due light. I've now got hooked on the modifications

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I believe you can do both, but there is not a long coding helper menu where you can select RLFS. Sorry, I'm new to this and just bought the device. I originally purchased so I could reset my inspection due light. I've now got hooked on the modifications

The Rain Light and Humidity Sensor is a slave module to 09. Unless you have a way of selecting slave or LIN modules within ODBeleven then it does not support coding of the RLFS at this moment. VCDS and VCP were like this for a while before fully supported.

Got it. Thanks for the quick reply!

Well, I was wrong. OBD11 does support slave modules. FYI. I completely missed it. Thanks again DJAlix.

post up in audizine.com there might be more willing participants near you. I would if I was near you.

what part of Europe are you in?

northern, eastern, western?

The Rain Light and Humidity Sensor is a slave module to 09. Unless you have a way of selecting slave or LIN modules within ODBeleven then it does not support coding of the RLFS at this moment. VCDS and VCP were like this for a while before fully supported.

I was able to program Auto Rain Closing using the OBD11 on my S3. It seems to work as you described, but every time after I test it I have to reset the auto up/down function on my windows. The comfort open/close is also disabled until I reset the up/down function. Have you experienced this as well?

I was able to program Auto Rain Closing using the OBD11 on my S3. It seems to work as you described, but every time after I test it I have to reset the auto up/down function on my windows. The comfort open/close is also disabled until I reset the up/down function. Have you experienced this as well?
Not experienced this myself with any of the cars I have done but then I have only ever used VCDS for this function. Are you sure everything has been coded correctly? If your tool has a coding log I would look through it to make sure that no additional / incorrect codings were made by both yourself or the tool.

Should I change the code to 07006C or 06A8DD? I've seen it posted both ways.