Intro and Respects

RIGZI

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Just want to say that this forum is an excellent source of knowledge, I will take this opportunity to say thankyou, if i hadn't of come across this forum i could of been well in the ****!

I bought an S3 a few month back from a dealer (a bit spur of the moment)... mint! The next week when i picked her up i didn't even get 50 mile and the turbo went... Gutted. I could smell a rat so sourced this place and with info from this site found that the S3 had been clocked and was a proper lemon! So with a little help from Trading Standards over a few weeks got a full refund from the bent car dealer and thanked my lucky stars....
I've used my own experience as knowledge and been searching for the right S3 because even tho that last one was "a bigger drawback than an elephants foreskin" I'd kind of fallen passionatley in love with them ha..

So i'm now pleased to say i'm the proud owner of totally legitimate bog standard '02 Red S3 with decent miles and FASH which is as clean as a whistle, i couldn't be happier with her...

I reckon i'll be kicking around here to keep up with the S3 8L Gossip Ha :rockwoot:

Rigzi

"A bigger drawback than an elephants foreskin".....lol

nice analogy :)

Congrats mate......but WHERE are the pictures ;)

nice one fella, glad to see it's been useful for ya....... you obviously have a knack of deciphering s**t :)

oh and glad ya got that lemon sorted, not many car cases get through the net via trading standards

Just echoing what the others have said, and am glad that you got that first motor sorted!

Cheers for the Welcomes

I think it was a bit of a blessing that turbo went at only 50mile rather than later you know, I could of been stuck with it...
Consumer direct and trading standards were on it, like a tramp on a kipper, so big up to them lol

Here she is, We call her Ruby Heheh
Excuse the phone pic

S3.jpg

A Quick Question, do you think she's been lowered? i thought she'd been lowered but the previous owner has got receipts from Audi of a recent shocker replacement which made me think it's oem.... but the rear wheels have got an obvious camber??? Is that normal?

Possibly. They could have replaced the damper with standard but still be on lowering springs.

Nice. Same wheels as me and my faverate(SP). I was told there limited edition is this true?

Are they the rstt alloys then ? i thought theyve been on my car all its life?

a camber on the rears points to a lowered car as rear tie bars are needed to put them back
Hello and Welcome

not always Jase, mine has a camber inwards on the rears and mine isnt lowered ;)

welcome to the family!

Rigzy, this dodgy dealer didn't happen to be near Four Marks in hampshire by any chance????

I haven't got a scooby doo about the alloys, i can get a closer pic and stick it on tomorrow... They're wrapped in goodyear eagle f1's which is the important thing I suppose...

Is the camber on the rear wheels much of a big deal, coz if i can avoid it i'm not planning to work on the car 'til the cherry blossoms come out lol

The 1st S3 was bought up in Gosforth Autoparc, Tyne and Wear... Near my homeland

Geometry

Back end: There's little adjustment and little benefit to be had in playing around with the rear toe settings. Keep them standard. However, if you've lowered the car, or even if you just want more stability, then you'll need rear adjustable tie-arms. Various options, various prices.

A drop of about 30mm in height will increase rear camber to about -2.0°. With that much, the car squirms under power and feels twitchy. Not what you want if you've just spent £££ on your suspension. Rear tie-arms will let you them camber to acceptable levels. Somewhere in the region of -0.5° gives the right balance of stability and still allows for a little power oversteer.

Cheers for that voorhees, A bit of good reading there and on that note think i might whack it in to a pro, get it sorted and give it a once over...

JBS look like a good bet...