Rear wiper repair/mod?

Lee_R

Reaction score
My rear wiper seems to have gone floppy and has started hitting the paintwork on the boot lid. Anyone know how to straighten it? It seems the link between the blade and the boss has got some play in it, anyone have the same problem?

Also whilst on the same subject has anyone fitted the aero wiper which is a really popular mod on mk4 golfs, polos, fabias, Lupos etc? I think it uses the current Passat estate blade? Never seen it on an A3 so I assumed it doesnt fit!

Where the spring connects to the wiper there is a small plastic clip - this has broken so you need a replacement - I think they are around £14 from audi from memory!

IMO remove it and the motor and put a bung in - you don't necessarily need the rear wiper and the car looks a lot better without it.

Yeah thanks for that, i'll take a look, probably the weight of the snow has snapped it!

It does annoy me when i hit reverse and it comes on smudging the dirt forcing me to squirt it.

De-wiper, much better.....

DSC00061800x600.jpg

Thats just an excuse to show me your annoyingly good looking rims!

im also keen to fit a rear aero wiper but havent really started looking into it, has ayone actually done it before?!

i got the same problem, tried to take the arm off so that i can adjust it, but the damn thing is stuck it dont come off at all, really stuck with this issue