When do you recommend tyre change?

rog190quattro

Reaction score
Hi all i'm aproaching my 1st winter with my 190 Quattro and have always heard how good they are in bad weather conditions,but when do you recommend on replacing the tyres mine are down to about 4mm .Is it worth replacing them and keeping them as spares or should they still be grippy enough for the winter ?What tyres do you all recommend its running on 18'' s6's ,to dark to see tyre size tonight.

I expect they are 235/40's. I bought Michelin PS2's (I think) and they are very good, seem to be wearing well, and wet weather grip is very impressive.

Personally I would wear them down some more, 4mm is still plenty of tread depth left.

Thanks James I thought they would be ok but just checking with you guys ,if you don't mind me asking how much did your tyres set you back.Happy christmas mate hope you have a good one.

Mine were just under £160 each iirc. I'm not saying they are the best tyres or the cheapest but I recommend them.

I found some Goodyear fi gsd3's, they have the rather aggressive "cut slick" look tread patter and have some very good reviews. I paid £600 all in 235/40/18 but you can find them for £520 all in on the e tyres web site.

I expect they are 235/40's. I bought Michelin PS2's (I think) and they are very good, seem to be wearing well, and wet weather grip is very impressive.

Personally I would wear them down some more, 4mm is still plenty of tread depth left.

yep, im a michelin fan, you get what you pay for with tyres,

Remember this my dad said,
you can own the best car in the world with the best breaks but if your tyres are shagged then so will you be, all you have between you and the road is your boots, (Tyres) so when they fail you fail!

I have just purchased some Falken FK452 from Camskill for £80.00 a corner!!