S3 Stronic Query

hmmm, not sure many people would agree that a normal auto is better than a DSG, but hey each to their own, some people like Katy Price, each to their own mate ! lol

Thanks for not just saying "your opinion is wrong" because that really p****s me off :p

Katy Price? Not for me either. She looks comfy enough to sleep on but I wouldn't want to see that face first thing in the morning :huh:

lol, she is a total horror !:keule:

i certainly cannot say you are wrong mate, you have DSG and don't like !, it's not even as though we can say you should try it ! lol

Give SMG a try, you will love DSG are that excuse for a gearbox ! lol

I did try SMG, and it was awful awful awful, so I wholly agree :happy:

My dad wanted an R8 when they came out - he's a committed 2-pedaller so tested the V8 with 'R-tronic' or whatever it's called. His exact words to the salesman were "this is f*****g ****, what's wrong with it". Typical Audi-arrogance in the reply; "It's a sports car Sir, it's supposed to change gear quickly". He left...

His money went on an AMG benz instead, which sounds like hell on earth and goes like a rocket. It's 'amusing' around corners, but most importantly, the autobox shifts like butter. And it doesn't hang about with its gearchanges either :yes:

Rather than opening an new thread on the same subject I thought I would tag on the same one started by Nick...

Was out over the weekend in my S3 in Manual Mode using the paddles. What I have noticed is when changing gears there's a notable resonance from the exhaust, particularly when upshifting into 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Anyone have this? It is just me or do I have a problem?

Cheers,

KKP

PS - Anyone know someone with a Grey RS4, numberplate starting R5 T... Was right up my tail pipe travelling around the M25'r... Nice motor whoever it was.

Thats just the usual 'fart' on upchanges.....I love it!

Hey guys,

I put a sprint booster on mine it sorted the problem right out, Give it a try!

I also Have a APR remap and carbonio air intake running at 320BHP