WANTED - Cheap xenons/parts

smudge_don

Reaction score
Hello!

I have an idea that i want to test out, but don't want to go taking my xenons apart as i love them too much.

So i ideally i need a guinea pig light. Doesn't have to work, or have a lense, lugs can be broken etc

All i really need is the inside parts of the headlight housing, the parts between the lense and the actual lights themselves

Any help would be appreciated :)

What headlights have you got with HIDs in Smudge?
Its lewy of CCUK by the way have you had any problems with your A3 as im looking into getting one soon..

What headlights have you got with HIDs in Smudge?
Its lewy of CCUK by the way have you had any problems with your A3 as im looking into getting one soon..

lol hey Lewy!

I had to buy the actual xenons from Audi, but managed to find someone off here to get them second hand.

Still £450! Can't put them in the normal ones as they're not projector lenses

Head gasket was gone when i bought it, but got it done under warranty by the stealer i bought it off. Only other problem i've had is a leaking rear shock absorber. That's it, runs perfect otherwise and now has 105,000miles

Anyway, back on topic :)

Bump :hubbahubba:

So whats your plan Jordanian?

You might know actually, being the Guru of AS as you are Nige.

Basically what i did on the corsa, was split the lights open and just spray the plastic inside bits black (not the lense)

This makes the lights seem much brighter when looking at them, and we all know how good the tinted laminex film looks on the lenses, basically another way to do that, but better

So, got one spare i can crack open to have a look? :blink:

I've been thinkin about this idea too, but mine arent the xenons just the normal lights. I havent bothered though as i think the insides are already dark enough..

Good luck with it though, im sure it will work out, i cant see they're being any problems..

Guru of AS, lmfao, Kiss ****, lol.

You dont need a spare one mate, just crack open yours paying close attentioning to the mechanisms, the old 8L had the levelling motor as a seperate crap removable part but IIRC these are built in so you might be lucky to get the back of without any problems of harming internals, you still got pics of when you got them of me as interms of internal images?

& yeah that one is an idea to do but does it cause any issues because why have reflective internals for no reason, someone has done this mod, so how did it effect the overall light fields on road?

Guru of AS, lmfao, Kiss ****, lol.

You dont need a spare one mate, just crack open yours paying close attentioning to the mechanisms, the old 8L had the levelling motor as a seperate crap removable part but IIRC these are built in so you might be lucky to get the back of without any problems of harming internals, you still got pics of when you got them of me as interms of internal images?

& yeah that one is an idea to do but does it cause any issues because why have reflective internals for no reason, someone has done this mod, so how did it effect the overall light fields on road?

Surely with the xenons though, the internal reflection isn't really that important as the beam is projected directly onto the lense, it doesn't bounce off other shiny bits inside like a regular headlight

I want a tester 1st in case i **** it up :sob:

Surely with the xenons though, the internal reflection isn't really that important as the beam is projected directly onto the lense, it doesn't bounce off other shiny bits inside like a regular headlight

I want a tester 1st in case i **** it up :sob:

You're forgetting it houses a number of bulbs on yours, main beam which is halogen not xenon that relies on this aswell, sidelight, indicator, so would effect them & the xenon does have some reflection, not alot but some

Nigel you are the guru of AS, and also of earth orbiting suspension, oh no, thats matt :laugh:

Guru, stop it, lol, far from & at least my butt isnt dragging on the floor, lol.

guru.jpg.jpeg

You're forgetting it houses a number of bulbs on yours, main beam which is halogen not xenon that relies on this aswell, sidelight, indicator, so would effect them & the xenon does have some reflection, not alot but some

Guru, stop it, lol, far from & at least my butt isnt dragging on the floor, lol.

Well the indicators i would obviously have the do something about, sidelights im not so bothered about as mine as pretty dull anyway. The full beam would be an issue i spose, but again, i don't think it would affect it TOO much, and i might just be a tit and put some aftermarket HID's in them for a laugh, i never flash people (coz i'm now an Audi driver, i own the road apparently :rockwoot:) so they would only be used for country lane driving

i have a pair of hid headlights .
one has a broken top mounting lug ,
the other is in one piece ,
both have undamaged lens / glass
however they have NO ballasts , ignitors , bulbs or internal wiring .
if any of these are what you are after get in touch