Help Please.... Heavy Rev Flutter

bl_1969

Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Wondering if any of you great guys could point me in the right direction please....

On start up of the car the revs flutter, even after a long drive they are still doing it. The car never used to do it before, the feel of the car at standstill when idling is juddering and the engine noise is noticeable as it goes up and down in revs... from about 800 to 1100 1200 is the rev flutter. BEfore it was steady as a rock at 800.

Any ideas? Could an FPR on it's way out cause this? What about MAF, could it cause that.

I am in Czech, and it is going to be a nightmare if I have no clue as to what it could be.... they will skin me alive at the stealers.

bl

From my experience, this behaviour has been caused by water getting under one of the coil packs after washing the engine. Another time my "Temperature Sender" became faulty and caused a similar issue so I replaced it. Both easy fixes, but it could be any of the sensors in your engine. If you can get hold of VAG-COM it will tell you exactly what the problem is.

Mine used to do that,.....cleaning the throttle body sorted it out in a few minutes.

T

go to your nearest garage and get your rad pressure tested for leaks could be an easy fix if its just a small leak! my crx used to hunt it was because the previous owner had used radweld and it had cloged up one of the valves on the block!

if you cant find a leak take off every valve that has water input in the water input out ( i presume things like the idle valve etc) and air blow all the crap out of it. then at least you know this rules out the water problem( the most common in hunting cars)

Cheers for the responses guys!

So I am just going to book it in, I dont really have a clue that much about the workings of the Engine.

Will get back to you when I know what it is.

It is dry here... like 32 degrees roasting so no water issue unless when I cleaned the car last.... but this issue cropped up way after the last wash. Ouf... I suppose I just need to wait and see.

Cheers again.