S3 vs Civic Type R

they defo can catch you out off boost especially when your maf is running low like mine was i could not get the gap back but the next time from 2nd gear boost came in straight away and i just pulled away about 2 car lengths.

A mapped s3 should not have no problem leaving 1 behind

what sort of rev range is it good to change gear to get the optimum gear change if that makes sense, so you gets straight on the boost ? or should i just play around

Had abit of fun with a z3 2.8 tonight. Was impressed with its initial 'go' but was no match for the S3 once moving and especially out of corners. To be honest i was all over himwith lots to spare!

I had a little play with one of theses up a dual carriageway other day and we was neck and neck till I got into 4th and started clawing him in. My cars standard and had my girlfriend with me to.

Had some fun with a RX8 too and was quite surprised, thought they were bit quicker. Was around some corners and couldn't gain much but once on the straight the S3 had no trouble taking over and pulling few lenghts.

A mapped s3 should not have no problem leaving 1 behind

In my opinion, there's very little in it if both cars was standard when we are talking about straight line accelleration, it will probably depend on the driver to a certain extent.
And with regards to a remapped S3 leaving one behind, sure a mapped S3 is quicker, but it's NOT that quicker, you will probably pull a few car lengths away in a straight line unless you are talking about silly 3 fugure speeds, then yes, you will be leaving one behind....
The most noticeable difference is power deliver in an S3 when mapped is the torque, and it peaks at 3k revs or there abouts, but when accellerating, and you change up between 6-7k revs, the revs don't drop to 3k revs, its somewhere around 4-4.5k.

before i got my s4 265bhp remapped....................after the remap i'm now leaving evo 9's and 10's behind with their daft shark fins and dustbin exhausts

Really? I ****** don't lol

shows what you know in your grandad wagon then doesnt it my car is one second slower to 120mph than the 550bhp s4 owned by zerokk from rs246 forum and a video is on youtube

You got a link to the video?:icon_thumright:

shows what you know in your grandad wagon then doesnt it my car is one second slower to 120mph than the 550bhp s4 owned by zerokk from rs246 forum and a video is on youtube

Got a link? Like to see the video.....

Last edited by a moderator:
no more baiting please...back on topic

That speedo seems no faster than my old M3 one above 100mph...Given how much you've been bragging!

if i stick my nose in telling you what your car can or cant do i bet you'd give a snotty reply too and its not as if anybody died is it,? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5as0zxXlAWk

Nice video...Do you have any more? Seemed like you were holding back a bit? And no one was sticking there nose in saying 'what your car can or can't do' All he said was his car cant do that simple.
I know where your coming from about what people saying, just dont let it get to you. I'm spending well over £6k on my A3, and people just say get an S3 or new car or whats the point? The point is its my car :) and i want to spend that much money on it. Plus Insurance is too high on s3 or any other factory car thats over 300bhp. Also its cheaper if i mod my current A3 to the standards i want. Do you have any photo's of your car? I do like the S4 there a nice one down by me for sale at £6k

yeah there's some pics in an album on my profile page benskin ,i was changing at about 6200, and IANYSM it wasnt me bragging it was it was a comment made about the difference my remap made and then jumped on by people like you that cant read properly and take things out of context but considering an m3 has around 323bhp as standard they're quicker than the cars i mentioned anyway only mine goes right off the clock at a fair pace so 175+

ben skin, does it work out cheaper on insurance by modding the a3 to s3 power rather than getting an a3 ?

i know i know lol....only got the brown lumpy variety tho.
apologies for getting the wrong end of the stick....

Last edited:
I feel I've missed something.

Sounds like you need to sort your anger issues chap.

I'm not sure which end of the stick you think you got, but my point was that my mapped S4 isn't some kind of invincible weapon.

I have no experience of yours.

Last edited:
No way that could hose an Evo 10, sorry.

Yes its quick, but its not as quick as the Evo from my experience. The speedo needle was swinging around almost as fast as the tacho....fully rapido.

T

I know dan sorry i thought you were try too take the p**s like a div earlier on in the thread on about my car! not yours, like i said in a earlier post i was very surprised too with the cars it beats now just like the drivers of them cars, but it does and i'm very happy about it. i also understand there are quicker cars around and got nailed by one not so long back but its rare

Last edited:
Even if I DID take the ****/disagree completely with you/be a 'div', it looks from what I've seen in snippets in peoples' quotelines that you went way childish and way over the top.

Outbursts like that are very very rare on audi-sport, especially compared to many other car forums.

I'm not sure whether it was because I 'dared' to disagree with your claims or what, but you may aswell get used to people raising eyebrows and questioning things you say. This is a car forum where people discuss Audis in a realistic and logical way (usually). We're ALL under scrutiny on here for the things we type.

Anyway, apology accepted dude. Case closed.

ben skin, does it work out cheaper on insurance by modding the a3 to s3 power rather than getting an a3 ?

Well for me it does yes...I checked insurance for a 2007 S3 265bhp group insurance 18 it was over £5k!:faint: Thats without mods i'd have planned to do. Then i checked for my A3 fully loaded (not yet) price's were £2,600-£3k+ full engine conversion Ed30 with bolt on goodies, Remap, S3 brakes, coilovers, bumpers, alloys and a few other things.

Car at start be running 330bhp (need to get use to the power, see if i can handle it). Then after my dad and i think i can handle the car 350bhp all the way :) lol. So if any thing it works out cheaper than buying a new car £18.5k+ and insuring it! £23.5k or more in total:ohmy: lol i cant afford that!

yer thats what i wants to do. its a nice looking car anway. id rather put 20k for a house. how come only 20 bhp less lol

All this talk of boosting the power of your standard cars , surely isn't that putting pressure on other parts of your car ? I know the Audi's are solid, but don't you need to upgrade other engine parts too and possibly your braking system ? what about propshaft, haldex, steering, suspension, general engine/turbo life ? Oh, what about insurance or shall we just not bother as it's not visible ?

Obviously I'm refering to those who simply do an engine ecu remap !

yes you should notify your insurance company if a remap is done,and the other questions seem to pose more questions in reply as in what kind of power etc.

Im getting brakes for my remap :) i shouldnt think an extra 35 bhp would do damage to your car. but if i go big turbo then yes ill do probally an engine rebuild of some sort. and suspension, well doing that soon hopefully. thje car was made for a remaps power, but they make it slower to make sure its more reliable therefore not costing them money on warraties etc. they leave up to us if we wont to decrease reliability. imo

Dan,

You seem easily upset and quick to snap at people. Quite defensive of you S4 I see!

I imagine its pretty quick though.

M3 was 337bhp/269 lb/ft and seemed at its best above 100mph! Shame about the speed limits!!

Doesn't sound like its been re-mapped, as a type R is around 198bhp and you're car is 225??? I much prefer the b16 engine in the civics (vti model and Sir) much more reliable.

Doesn't sound like its been re-mapped, as a type R is around 198bhp and you're car is 225??? I much prefer the b16 engine in the civics (vti model and Sir) much more reliable.

When you say B16 engines, they we're fitted to Honda Civics/CRXs that weight as much as paper bags, so depite the 1600 displacement, these cars we're quick! It's not all about engine power though, it's about power to ratio. My mate has a standard looking EK4 VTI, but under the bonnet is a B18C JDM Type R Engine(197bhp I think), and he could keep up with Evo's(276bhp+) on the race track!

my mate had his civic Vti upto 500 bhp, it was hilarious would wheel spin in 3rd, pretty sure it weighed under a ton also!

it makes me laugh how much people under estimate scoobys and evo's My dad used to own one of the first scooby type 25 done by powerhouse, ****** hell that thing was ridiculous 0 to 60 in around 3.8 and you needed to be he-man to push down the clutch, many things had a go at it, but i can pretty much guarantee nothing beat it. (if you dont believe me check out autocars reviews)

And back on topic the civic type R's are a great car to drive! really enjoyed driving my mates one and probily would of got one if there wern't so many on the road, felt really well balanced in the corners! Loved the new intergra type R (with the same engine) just couldnt justify how much money people wanted for them!