So it begins...

matt a

Reaction score
So here is the new car, traded in my mk5 gti for it, it's a 140 tdi.

img0875h.jpg

img0871q.jpg

img0870d.jpg

img0869g.jpg

img0867i.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I have a set if Eibach pro street coilovers to go on, some staggered oem BBS CH 7.5 and 8 in a dark anthracite. I also fancy a set of 2009 S3 tail lights, black grille and some debadging.

what about lamin-x on the head lights and grill, the cupra R splitter, black wing mirrors!

this is mine, with lamin-x black grill and the cupra r splitter, im trying to get money together to do a single grill conversion.

Can I have 1st dibs on your alloys if you sell them please!!

Car looks great by the way.

Very nice indeed. How come its got the black inserts & not the aluminium ones though ?

Very nice indeed. How come its got the black inserts & not the aluminium ones though ?

Looks like when it was being ordered they order Piano Finish Black Inlay.
I quite like the finish on the Piano black.

So here is the new car, traded in my mk5 gti for it, it's a 140 tdi.

Hi Matt

Very nice car... How does it compare to your GTI? Gonna miss the Golf much? Sounds like some nice mods you got planned. Enjoy the car

Thanks

Ashley

Thanks for the replies.

gixxer - I have thought about lamin-x, but still undecided, I'm trying really hard not to get drawn into modding again.

Matty - Ill prob keep the original wheels, or put them on my gfs A3

benskin07 - I'll definately miss the mk5 gti, theres no escaping what a good car it is, but im happy with the A3, more subtle and stylish.

benskin07 - I'll definately miss the mk5 gti, theres no escaping what a good car it is, but im happy with the A3, more subtle and stylish.

I went the opposite way from a 140 TDI A3 to a GTI, you'll miss the handling, speed and the fact when it rains water doesnt gush into the car in the GTI but the interior is a lot nicer and the fuel, tax and insurance will probably save you a fair few quid on the A3. :)

Its a 2006 car, but I have found a slip which spec'd it with piano black inserts and the luggage pack.

Think I'll miss the speed, but the handling doesnt seem far off, and won't be once the coilovers go on.

What's this about the water gushing in!? lol