Im Sh***ng myself

Whats Wrong?

• Total voters
why is everyone missing the point about the car stopping and not restarting as it should - when was the last time a coil pack caused a restart issue???

Because unfortunately on this forum there is not much technical know-how (apart from a few veterans).

It's pretty obvious that it isn't a coilpack which is causing the problem, if a coilpack goes the car will run on three cylinders, shake violently and smell of unburnt fuel. You aren't experiencing any of these symptoms.

The following:
  1. aproched a roundabout and the car just konked out!
  2. restarted and car took approx 3sec of turnover before it started.
  3. however the epc light came on and now stays on after every restart
...points to a fault with the crankshaft sensor (alternatively known as the engine speed sensor). This will gradually get worse and the car will conk out as soon as the engine gets warm, and will struggle to start again.

The giveaway sign is the EPC light is on. Get yourself a new speed sensor and be done with it, and if it turns out to be a coilpack I will gladly get my account deleted :undwech:

and people still vote for the coil pack :D.....oooh and now its the MAF causing your car to conk out...... hope these people dont own garages hawhaw

golfs spot on..... he helped me when mine went.....