FU@$!NG RUST

mrj0ey

Reaction score
As the title suggest with all the rain we have been having my new grooved discs have rusted up big time.

Not an issue as you normally, just drive and wipe it all off however because they are grooved there is loads of rust sitting in the grooves.....can anyone recommend away of getting rid of this??? or is it there to stay.

Also can you paint the discs (obviously not the actual braking surface) but the inner rim bit that joins on the hub!?!?! this will stop it from rusting and make it look better, you can get clear rust stop stuff....Hmmmmmmm

Anyway, thanks!!!

Go to Halfords and buy a paint called Jenolite Re-Paint. You can aply with abrush or spray it one, its self levelling so leaves no brush marks, and can withstand very high temps. I use it on all my engines when I build them, and on other cars I have built I have used it on the suspension parts too then baked it on the oven to harden it. It costs around £6 for a litre and they do loads of different colours. Brake calliper and engine paint is ***** and is grossly over priced.

Jenolite rocks. Use it in all my restorations. Not sure it would be good on discs though...