Advice wanted on retrofitting Factory Parts

Ok I have contacted Gareth so await his reply to the number of cars he can do but so far we are looking at:-

Myself - Cruise, Dis
Smoothassualt - Cruis, Dis
JohnboyC - replacement steering wheel
Scooby - Dis upgrade

Anymore for anymore?

Count me in for DIS if its after 3weeks mate!

Haha - They might be for sale soon if they dont look right with the rest of my Car!

This picture is the b*llocks :hi:

100_1378.jpg

Thanks James. Just been diggin through a load and forgot I had took them 'Old Skool' ones! These are the ones that make me begin to miss it again.

Ah well, make way for the Blue Arrow!!:eyebrows:

fyi - the upgrade Gareth normally does is jsut for the fully functioning red-DIS with wiper stalk toggle.... I'm pretty sure that's NOT the full colour one.... he said he could do them, but I think you have to source the full colour one (eBay / scrappy?)..... not sure if u can get them from the stealers?!?

Lostbok
Yeah I hear this, a believe the colour DIS are like rocking horse S**t

indeedy.... I'm trying to get a price on one from PJMspeedy... I'll post details here.

Gareth (Hazzy) upgraded his - I think he said it was <£100 for the screen off fleabay, but he said he's not seen many at all.

Gareth
Said he can do between 6-8 cars depending on what is being done so keep them coming.

I was thinking about somewhere like Bolton Service station on the M61 any thought on this as a location?
Ian

I'd better say in advance then; on July 4th (a Saturday) I'll be on an Aston Martin track day. I'm not sure if it's a whole day event, but ideally would be good if we could avoid that day. Thanks.

Bolton is also pretty far for me, I'm in Cambridgeshire not too far from Peterborough. I guess everyone who's on "the list" needs to say where they are and then we pick a place in the middle? Is that fair?

fyi guys... full colour DIS is only available as the full dials+LCD part, so is £500+!!!

although can be ebugged for £100-odd (provided we don't all bid against one-another!!)...

fyi guys... full colour DIS is only available as the full dials+LCD part, so is £500+!!!

although can be ebugged for £100-odd (provided we don't all bid against one-another!!)...

Ok, we wont bid against each other........ I'll go first ! :D

Right, car is valeted now and i've had a chance to take some nice pics although some bodywork bits do need touching up / sorting out (Might need some advice on these if anybody might like to offer some) ;-)

13062009885.jpg

13062009886.jpg

13062009887.jpg

13062009888.jpg

13062009889.jpg

13062009890.jpg

13062009891.jpg

Bits that need replacing or sorting are as follows;

Chrome Trim round the bottom of the windows, they look kinda faded

13062009892.jpg

Wheels, this one is the worst but they dont look coucours do they;

13062009893.jpg

S-Line Door Trims, looks like its been scuffed a few times when opening the door too close to the pavement

13062009894.jpg

A few stone chips & scratches;

13062009895.jpg

And finally, my biggest bugbear apart from the wheels;

Front bumper, looks like its lightly bumped a kerb whilst parking

13062009896.jpg

Looks nice mate, you can't beat the smell of real leather when you 1st open the doors.

Lostbok tells me that the Hazy Dayz guy is located in SW London. So it would actually still work out cheaper for me to drive to his front door than it would for me to lead foot it all the way to Bolton, even with the discount.

So I think I'll just give him a call when it's convenient for me. Cheers.

Lostbok tells me that the Hazy Dayz guy is located in SW London. So it would actually still work out cheaper for me to drive to his front door than it would for me to lead foot it all the way to Bolton, even with the discount.

indeed he is: near Tooting, so a b!tch to get to at rush-hour, but still not a bad option!

might be worth checking how much he'd charge for ours if we order them at the same time, but get them fitted in SW London? maybe it'd help with the bulk-discount as presumably some of it is saving on the bulk-buy and some on the call-out?

I'm definitely keen on £125 for the DIS upgrade (I assume with the rocker-switch windscreen wiper?), but even £300-odd for that plus the cruise control seems very good indeed!!

Yea, definitely worth asking. Prob be July/August time when I'd be looking to get mine done though. I had some computer problems a couple of days ago that are forcing me to spank a few £hundred on upgrading parts a bit sooner than I had planned.

:sob: