S3 tyre's? what's good or the price??

DJ-S3

Reaction score
hey all,
buying some new alloys for my audi S3 210, (new RS4 split spoke ones) and i was wondering whats the best tyre's for a reasonable price?

the alloys come with kenda tyres. anyone heard of them?? if so what er they like? any good??

they sound 'kenda' crap :)

try avons

I have tried Avon, dunlop SP9000, and good year eagle F1s. I currently have the goodyear F1s on all four corners and i think there fantastic. Good grip, durable, look the part, and a decent price.

Try: mytryes.co.uk or blackcircles.com/uk

I have found there the cheapest sites for tyres

Campbell

Plus the Kendas are £66, the goodyear eagle F1 GS-D3 are £113 each.

The Kendas probably are a really crap budget tyre.

Eagle F1's from me aswell, Idd much rather spend a few more quid than end up in a hedge and/or dead.

:)

Its the only thing keeping you on the road, your right turboDave. I would rather splash out that extra few quid aswell.

ive found camskill.co.uk to be really cheap, they sell goodyear asymmetrics at £105 a corner, i discussed with my local tyre place and told them i could get at £95 a corner and they did the maths and said, yeah we'll fit and supply for £105.... saved me £40 overall haha - they are that used to be underpriced they will most likely match for you

i need to get some new tyres due to have no grip with my current ones, been looking around but hard to know wat to go for with out trying them, but the F1's sound like a safe bet may hav to give them a go soons

I used to work in the tyre industry and to be fair the Kenda's arent too bad. They use old patterns from more prestige brands (as do a lot of other 'budget brands'.)

Goodyear Eagle F1s are a good tyre though if you can take the extra hit in the wallet. Avons are also a good choice if you dont have deep pockets.

T

I got my tyres fitted today. There Falken FK452's. I will have to wait for about 100miles untill i can go all out on the bends but there a great tyre so far and look the part as ive gone for 215/35/18 :)
Found them on ctyres.co.uk :)

I got my tyres fitted today. There Falken FK452's. I will have to wait for about 100miles untill i can go all out on the bends but there a great tyre so far and look the part as ive gone for 215/35/18 :)

What width rims do you have?, I'm presuming you've gone for a but of stretch?.

I had Toyo Proxes T1Rs fitted last week. £95 a corner and seem to do the job well.

What width rims do you have?, I'm presuming you've gone for a but of stretch?.

There 8.5 at rear and 8 at front, Yea there a little streched perfect if you ask me. I love the dub scene and strech tyres look great IMO. Would you say the Falken FK452 is a good tyre?

I had Toyo Proxes T1Rs fitted last week. £95 a corner and seem to do the job well.

I had T1R's before i swapped to my Falken's today and there great grip wise but i didnt get very far without them wearing :(, Depends how you drive i guess.

had these for a few of months now and impressed. just over 75 quid each fitted, great in dry and had no problems in the wet. (i don't push the car that hard in these conditions though) may be a little more road noise than kuhmos they replaced, but with the stereo on who'd notice!
seem to wearing well 2,000k covered.

had these for a few of months now and impressed. just over 75 quid each fitted, great in dry and had no problems in the wet. (i don't push the car that hard in these conditions though) may be a little more road noise than kuhmos they replaced, but with the stereo on who'd notice!
seem to wearing well 2,000k covered.

Great news! thanks lol, Its a little slippery at the moment lol. Have to wait untill the Ink is off after 100 miles aprox :(

cheers fella's. will try to see if they will send me them with some better tyres on.

Most people do a tyre upgrade which would be well worth doing.

i had Falken 452's on my previous motor, i am going to fit them too. got got get rid of the cr*p nexen (235, 45, 17 ?!?!?) tyres :puke2:

lol, Im quite impressed on the reviews on them. Cant wait untill i can go all out on them.

can i ask how much you paid Hodge ? i see they are £294 delivered for a set of four from Camskill.

I paid £299 deliverd from Ctyres.co.uk
I Orderd them Monday night and they came Wednesday morning :)