Need help to identify springs and front shocks on my S3

WaBBiT

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought my 2000 S3 this fall, and I've noticed some yellow and blue bilstein rear shocks, but I was not aware of any modifications since I bought the car without seeing it first (Bought it from Germany, and I'm from Norway) and the seller didn't know anything about it (a local Audi dealer in Germany).

Since I'm going to upgrade by suspension this spring/summer, I need to know what parts are already there and this is where I need help from you guys!

1. The rear shocks is yellow and blue as all bilstein shocks, with a number of BE5 6034 printed on the side and some nürburgring stickers. This is the B6 shocks I think, correct?

2. Since the car obviously is modified, I'm thinking maybe some other parts has been modified or changed, but the front shocks does indeed look black so no bilsteins there, and the springs all around are black with a purple sticker. I can't find any part number on the springs or the front shocks this has lead me to believe that they may be uprated or maybe atleast changed..? How can I easily identify the springs and the front shocks as OEM or not?

3. Is the Bilstein B6 as good as the B8, only made for springs lowering less than 30mm?

I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow :)

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like uprated Bilstein B8 dampers & standard springs from what you've described - Not a bad thing.

Is it modified in any other way you can see? - Bigger brake disc's, Brembo calipers , induction kits, Recirc valve's etc

Some pics will probably help.

Oh - Welcome to the forum :)

Mike

The OEM springs have colour coded ends so Audi know exactly which ones to put on - just had to order a pair of pink/violets. If you can see the bands at either end (purple, in your case), they're probably OEM springs.

It sounds like uprated Bilstein B8 dampers & standard springs from what you've described - Not a bad thing.

Is it modified in any other way you can see? - Bigger brake disc's, Brembo calipers , induction kits, Recirc valve's etc

Some pics will probably help.

Oh - Welcome to the forum :)

Mike

Thanks:) I can't find any other modifications than the rear dampers, but I think they are B6? This page gives me the product number BE5 6034 when I select Audi -> A3(8L) -> S3 210hp -> B6 and BE5 6035 if I select B8...

The OEM springs have colour coded ends so Audi know exactly which ones to put on - just had to order a pair of pink/violets. If you can see the bands at either end (purple, in your case), they're probably OEM springs.

I read somewhere about a purple sticker on the OEM springs, so I guess they are OEM..

Thanks! :)

Here are some pictures.. Yeah I know I should wash my car...:whip:

IMG_0031.JPG

Front spring/damper

IMG_0032.JPG

Front spring/damper

IMG_0033.JPG

Rear damper

IMG_0034.JPG

Rear spring

IMG_0035.JPG

Rear spring