Chipped your Audi?

KeepItTidy

Reaction score
Is your car still under Motorplan? Have U chipped it?:uhm:
Im really keen to chip my S3 8P, however, I cant afford to loose my motor plan. This is the only thing holding me back from flashing my car.:sorry:

Have you had any dealers query your mod's?
Does your dealer know about your Chip?
Are the revo/GIAC chips really undetectable by the dealers?

Thanks, your thoughts and suggestions will be a big help!:thumbsup:

buy an ST3, revert it back to stock when giving it back, not sure if they can detect if th ecu's been flashed though..

I have used Revo before, just switched it back to stock when going in for a service and the dealers have never mentioned anything amiss.

I even had some warranty work done and again nothing from the dealers

I think they will always know to be honest from my experience,but shouldnt really be a problem on most accounts these days,just a pity not like america where if you but a porsche and a few other cars you can have it remapped by GIAC from the dealers and everything is still covered

I have GIAC with the flash loader.
You can flash back to stock in an instant - dealer none the wiser for egneral servicing and the flash count does not go up, unlike on many other maps.
GIAc also install the latest OEM map for your car to prevent the dealer flashing over your ECU with any updates.

If however you are asking can they detect it if there should be a bigger problem... then, yes, if they realyl want to find it, they can... and that goes for any remap out there. But, it's hard and they would then have to PROVE that the issue on the car was related to the map and not a faulty element within the car..... in other words, they can't really refuse to sort the issue.

My dealer does not know about my remap.

The likely hood of an issue is small - for a stage 1 map, the car is well within it's tollerance levels (VAG are well over engineered).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help!! think GIAC is the one for me. Here in S.A its gona cost me
about 422 pounds where as the REVO is 500 pounds for the ECU and another 120 pounds for the Swoppig Unit. :eek:

There is also UNICHIP availabl here, and they claim 33-40BHP gains which is the same as the GIAC/REVO claims. And its half the price. They claim its undetectable but im no t sure about that... they also have a unit that is removable in 15 mins with the same BHP gains.
any Ideas on a UNICHP? you heard of it before?

Revo all the way!! better power gains and great customer service! Select + switch is great too!!

I never take mine in to Audi unless its warranty work and they know about my mods!!