Dump Valve?

I've noticed a lot of people seem to have dump valves listed as a mod. What benefits do you get from fitting one? Is it easy to fit? How do you fit it? (I don't even know what one is!).
And would the recommended option be the AMD Viper dump/diverter valve?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

for some reason that has never been explained to me your not supposed to use an atmospheric dump valve so go for the recirc type.

The DV releases the air from the system when you lift off the throttle.

Because the ecu is expecting the release of air back into the system.

Cue better description than mine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IVE NEVER FITTED AN AFTER MARKET ONE, BUT THE OEM DV WENT ON MINE AFTER BUYING IT AFTER 2 WEEKS, AND IT WAS REALLY EASY TO REPLACE. I ALSO BOUGHT NEW JUBILEE CLIPS AS I WANTED TO DOUBLE CHECK NO AIR WAS LEAKING?

TO BE HONEST I RECKCON AN AFTERMARKET ONE WILL BE EASY TO....IM A NOVICE AND IM GOING TO GIVE IT A GO MATE!

IF ALL ELSE FAILS, JUST PUT THE OLD ONE BACK ON!

HOPE THIS HELPS!

OH BY THE WAY..I HAVE AN A3 NOT S3...BUT I THINK IT WILL BE THE SAME PRINCIPLE.

IL TAKE A PICTURE AND SHOW YOU WHAT IT LOOK LIKES IF YOU WANT?...BUT AGAIN I DUNNO IF IT WILL BE IN THE SAME PLACE.
BUT YOU LL GET THE IDEA?

pretty much there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The ECU has a calculated amount of air that is supposed to be dumped back into the system up-stream. With a vent-to-atmosphere valve on, the amount of air going back into the system (i.e none!) is different to what the ECU is telling itslef, so it all gets a bit screwed up!

Rich

correct. Plus the disadvantage of more lag, the ECU will chuck out fault codes .etc

Rich

Cheers Guys,

I found a guide on the Forge website wich shows how to fit it, seems pretty simple. Is it worth going for the Forge FMDVS006 or the AMD one?

I think I will go for one soon. Thanks for the help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

is there a link please robthehungrymonkey? cheers im just being lazy. lol

How frequently are you supposed to service a Forge DV? Is there a milage / calender interval that you're supposed to stick to? Mines been on for roughly 18 months / 12K miles and I haven't touched it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Car is due in for a 20K mile service & MoT at the dealers on Monday, they'd better not swap the Forge DV for a plastic Bosch one!

Mark.