Aero wipers

I have to loosen the motor to get the arm off?? really??? eekkk!! may suck up to the parts man when i go back to pick up the front arms!

I got the front and rear for £100 in the end! took alot of haggling! think the front set up was about £70 in total! must admit it was more than i wanted to pay but it will look alot better!

went and bought all the bits today! got everything for the rear wipers but waiting on the front wiper arms,

Quick question, How the hell do you get the rear wiper cover off?? the only way i can see of doing it is snapping it, is there a less destructive way?

(managed to get them to knock £30 off the price for having the part numbers so cheers Westle)

No worries matey, glad I could help someone :friends:

any tips on how to get the front ones off? back one took 2 mins but the front ones almost seem to be rusted on! ive been fighting them for the last 20 mins im worried if i keep moving them about too much i will break the motor.

I shouldn't be allowed to do things my self I know!

audi couldnt order them so had to go to VW (it was 2 mins down the road so really not a hardship!) got them oiling up now so will give it another go in 10 mins! It really is a bitch getting the things off!

I've just changed my arms for the aero ones yesterday, I found that the easiest way was to:

1. Open bonnet.
2. Remove cap on wiper arm and undo nut.
3. Close bonnet.
4. Lift wiper arm up
5. Holding where the wiper blade connects to the arm, gently rock the arm.

That should be enough to dislodge the arm off the spindle. I used no WD40 or brute force, it came away after just a few seconds of playing about.

HTH,

wahoo finally got my hands on a puller and got the old arms off! new ones fitted and look so much better! the old ones had pretty much rusted them selves onto the spindal.

I'll get some pics up 2 mo as the car needs a good clean! (dirty windscreen made it alot easier to line up the new arms tho :o.k:)