wheels

c2lwe

Reaction score
hi i dont know if anyone can help here ! but i have got an Audi a3 3.2 v6 quattro 53 reg the wheels i have got are 225/45/17 and the other ones i want to put on are 235/40/18 from an A4 sline but have been wondering if i put the 18 s on will the four wheel drive and tration control be ok ? and likes of diffs and bears and stuff be ok ? i have been told there will be ok then been told there won't and then i will have to get the tracking and something else done so there would be ok i havent got a clue what to do now lol so if you can help please do Cheers

i sound a bit think here but what you mean by off set ? the tyres or the holes for the studs ? lol and how can i find the offset out ?

The offset is the distance of the mounting face from the centre line of the wheel. This determines how far in or out of the arch the wheel is. The offset is described as the 'ET' so ET45 is an offset of 45mm. The lower the number the further out of the arch the wheel will be. If you want rub free motoring I would recommend 18x8 ET45-50 with 225/40/18 tyres. I run 19x8 ET45 with 225/35/19 on my 3.2 and I never have issues. If you are looking for a set of wheels let me know as we can do you a great deal on everything from reps to silly forged stuff.

hi i dont know if anyone can help here ! but i have got an Audi a3 3.2 v6 quattro 53 reg the wheels i have got are 225/45/17 and the other ones i want to put on are 235/40/18 from an A4 sline but have been wondering if i put the 18 s on will the four wheel drive and tration control be ok ? and likes of diffs and bears and stuff be ok ? i have been told there will be ok then been told there won't and then i will have to get the tracking and something else done so there would be ok i havent got a clue what to do now lol so if you can help please do Cheers

the a4 wheels are the best to get as the offset on them will mean you dont need spacers to fill the arches like a lot of people fit with standard a3 18's. You will probably need a different tyre size as the a3 on 18's run 225/40/18. With 235's you may have rubbing issues