H&R Rear ARB fitting help!!

LaSarthe&Back

Reaction score
Afternoon all, just fitting my rear arb and the clamps to hold it to the rear beam aren't big enough!!

they are the ones that came with the kit, but they don't leave enough room to do the bolts up!! arrrrhhgghghghg!!!

What's the solution people have used??

thanks!!"

is it an s3?? my h+r roll bar just came with new bushes that fitted inside the original mounts

try getting some cable ties to keep it in place first. try not bolting it to the rear suspension first. start with the clamps

BTW, what car is it?

this is going to sound awfully rude.......

I thought my clamps were too small when I first tried. man up :p

A more helpful tip however, is to clamp the clamps up around the beam without the bush and ARB in place, to bend the clamps to the shape of the beam first. I found when trying to clamp it first off, it was never going to reach. Once I tightened them down without the ARB and bush in place, the clamps moulded around the back of the beam, and then it was really easy to get it done up with the bar in place!

Good luck!

try getting some cable ties to keep it in place first. try not bolting it to the rear suspension first. start with the clamps

BTW, what car is it?

Good thinking that man.

It's an A3 1.8T

this is going to sound awfully rude.......

I thought my clamps were too small when I first tried. man up :p

A more helpful tip however, is to clamp the clamps up around the beam without the bush and ARB in place, to bend the clamps to the shape of the beam first. I found when trying to clamp it first off, it was never going to reach. Once I tightened them down without the ARB and bush in place, the clamps moulded around the back of the beam, and then it was really easy to get it done up with the bar in place!

Good luck!

I told the guys to harden the f*%k up too, but they just said "they ain't gonna fit!" So we moved to the front, and needing to re-use the the spring seats couldn't get the damn nut off the top!

Why is it every time you do a new job, you can guarantee you need a tool that you don't have!!

Arrghh.

Cheers for the quick replies lads! :applaus: