BT query.....

ok sounds like the option to go for is the k04-05, ive just removed my gear box today to do the clutch and the turbo looks like a right pain to change with everything back together (as in gearbox fitted) what they like to change???

a mate of mine who did one recently said about 6 hours labour.... thats what he says it took him anyways...

:laugh:Ryan post hem pics up with you dressed up.... you might kill two birds with 1 stone here (i considered turning:redface:)

You keep bringing up the "willy" thing.

Let it out man, it's okay. We are here for you. :)

Well I have a BT S3 because Im not happy with my willy. The idea being its a small car but its quite quick. My willys quite small, and that too is also quite quick, I have a long list of girls that can vouch for that too (wish my willy was as long as that que!)

:laugh:Ryan post hem pics up with you dressed up.... you might kill two birds with 1 stone here (i considered turning:redface:)

Ok then mate:
DSC00936.jpg

Thats me at VW Action 2007 for the Saturday Night disco which was a fancy dress mashup... well why not, I have the body for it! I know I do seem to have a bulge there but it was padded to make myself look more manly (Pre BT S3!)

banana.jpg

That was me at VW Action 2008 for the Saturday Night disco which had a theme of Pyjama Party and having done the whole female thing lastyear, me and my mate did Bananas in Pyjamas!

However, our mate Bungle decided he would give it a go
300820081019.jpg

Funniest and best show of the year without a doubt ;)

And stop stroking over my picture Tim!

What's this WE business?! If he's coming out, I'm gonna :undwech:

Im not coming out mate, Im so far in the closest Im having adventures in Narnia!

On a serious not tho, Im not gay, I own an S3 not a TT ;)

And if any TT boys are reading this, then Im sorry and Im only playing you silly gooses :busted_cop:

'im so far in the closet im having adventures in Narnia' .....someones been watching either Alan Carr or family guy...either way i heard that quote on tv last week!!... RUMBLED:)

oh and Ryan, you duth protest too much:lmfao:

Ive watched Alan Carr and Family Guy too much, found a female that actually appreciates Peter Griffin for the hero that he is... could be a keeper? ha

Legend!! although i think the real star of family guy is Quagmire (however you spell it) giggidy giggidy alriiiiiite,

ahhhh that Narnia thingy above was from '2 pints of lager and packet of crisps'....

Was actually from Jimmy Carr (Not Alan as you first suggested) in one of his live shows

Confusing them is a crime, I hate Alan Carr!

S£;608737 said:
The JBS 05 is capable of up to 350bhp and at £850+ vat in exchange is a good deal, my view is a JBS would be much the better bet, as it's smaller so faster spool up and less lag, the only reason someone would go for a BT would be if they do want to push the 400bhp mark, which means alot of internal work too = mega bucks. so i think the best bet is the JBS 05 comfortable 340/360 like they state.. which is what a BT makes anyway, unless you of are planning a 350+ bhp monster theres no need.

We do offer the turbo in exchange for the old unit but this is only the case if the old unit is service able, one of the main problems is getting cracks in the exhaust housing, almost every K04 turbo has these and we cannot use them.

When you are ready or if you want some more info please feel free to give me a call on 01246 455005

Mike

Thanks Mike......... how easy would this inspection be beforehand..... im guessing that without an exchange the price would lift quite a bit

surly if the standard k04 turbo fractures and is widely common as almost everyone is cracked then surly using this casing to make a larger turbo is going to increase the chances of the recycled unit to crack as its already been used and only a matter of time this housing then cracks???
sounds like the best option is to actually big turbo then for the extra strength of the turbo itself, or just replace with a brand new k04 as les likely to crack

No it shouldn't crack. With the standard turbine wheel running at full chat the turbine begines to become a restriction causing large heat build up.

Increase the turbine size allows for more flow and less heat. Obviously a/r will be raised so may spool a little later. Allows for larger compressor wheel also without surging. Trim comes into it too, but with some clever engineering you can overcome these issues to a point.

Pick your power level and bugdet, then your turbo.

Unfortunately the S3 manifold isn't a great design, so don't expect the world.

If i wanted to upgrade my manifold then, what should i get and how much do they cost?? or does that depend on what Turbo you upgrade to?

Tubular or improved cast better than standard, then equal length better still but way pricey. But if going that far you might as well get a full BT kit.

yup i was speaking to JBS about these types of upgrades when i was waiting for the map to be done in March, i think the manifolds were close to a grand from memory and served about 2bhp increase if you were lucky