S3 Brake caliper logo

s3mike

Reaction score
Took my car in for an oil change service today which was completed at the bargain price of £160 ( £80 labour to change the oil!! ). Just had a good look around my car and the 'S3' text on the brake calipers is no longer silver, instead it is the same grey colour as the background.

I've always used only car shampoo on my wheels and have a photo from last month showing them bright silver. I'm guessing that the 'complimentary' wash and vac was done with acid or something similar.

Needless to say I am not happy as the calipers now look crap and I will be contacting the dealer in the morning.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

They change color when they get warm unfortunaly.I just bought new ones to mine

Can you share some pics to see how they look? I don't allow the audi dealer to touch my car, last time they used some kind of solvent on the rims that was not taken out properly and something weird got stuck to the rims, had to clean one by one with polish... :mad:

I don't have pictures with me at the minute, basically the white / silver ( can't remember what colour it should be ) has turned almost completely grey ( sam colour as the rest of the insert ) with blotchy patches of the old colour.

Dealer has said they are investigating with the valeting company, they also said it wouldn't be covered by warranty! So paint coming off after less than a year not covered!!

I found a site showing the 'S3' logo is an insert so not part of the caliper - anybody know what the part number is / how much they are?

I'll keep chasing because I believe they caused it and regardless it's not good enough on a car less than a year old.

Sounds like the Audi warranty is fairly useless.

I found S4 ones on vagparts for £40 so I'm guessing a similar price.

I think the dealer would be wise to spend that £40 if they ever want me to use them again or buy another car from them.