replaced engine

jays3

Reaction score
would i bother any1 buying a 2001 s3 which has had a new engine fitted by audi, or should i keep lookin for another 1.

As long as it has all the audi reciepts and services as regularly as it should be it should be fine, but re-sale might be harder.

If fitted by audi i think its an advantage to have a new engine infact if i was looking for one id pay more for one. I cant see it affecting the resale value.

was the mileage reset to 0? new clocks?

Woudlnt bother me, but then high-milage cars or heavily modified ones dont either so long as theres the correct paperwork

depends wether the engine has been replaced due to lack of service repairs to the vehicle indicating that it hasnt been well looked after, you should be able to tell by looking at previous recipts and the quality of the car itself,

yeah, ask for a reason why it was replaced...

thanks for the info, not sure if the clocks were reset but they only show 59k.

When i got my S3 it was listed as having a new cylinder head, when i looked at the paper work it had a full top end fitted by audi at a cost of over 2k, since having it i have never had any problems, and knowing it had been rebuilt means knowing cambelt and head gasket have all been done by audi.

It can work in your favour if its got the paperwork to prove it.

It could have been replaced through bad advice from Audi, or an unfortunate accident, I think it adds to the car sooner than detracting from it.