help installing forge dv please

mrjheeta

Reaction score
hi everybody...
i was hoping to get some help if i may...
i've jsut had my forge splt-r dump valve delivered and was hoping to fit it today, i cant really afford to pay a mechanic to install it as im only a student and im contantly broke (but still somehow manage to afford parts for the car?)
i know the part is a direct replacement but was hoping somebody would tell me WHERE it is installed and which pipe goes into the pressure inlet and which one goes into the pressure outlet.
i've got a couple of pictures here, firstly, could you guys please let me know if im even looking in the right area? and if so, if i've got the correct part that im thinking i have to replace.

thanks for your help in advance...

this is half the engine bay

09082008269sf5.jpg

this is where i think it goes, in place of the little black plastic thing?

09082008268si9.jpg

sorry if this is really obvious or if im completely wrong, but i'd rather get it right now by asking you guys than get it wrong and mess everything up!

G.

hi there

There is 2 ways you can do this, you can jack the car up and go from underneath (which is heaps easier) or go from the top with headlight out.
I chose to go in from the top as jacking my car up on my drive is unsteady due to my stones!!

The black plastic thing you pointed to aint the valve you want, its lower than that, your in the right place but need to look further down, you cant miss it.

Its quite tight going in from the top but it can be done, dont help having massive hands, mine looked like they had been in vietnam by time id done, wear some gloves.

Once you got your old valve off, the bottom hose goes into the bottom and top hose into the top! You cant go wrong.

Whilst you there, just take 10 mins to check all clips are tight whilst you have a free view. Mine turbo pipe blew off 3 times now, right ball ache taking everything out again.

I did have my own how to but forgot to save it when I got my new lappy:blink:

Good luck mate, take your time, I did mine in around an Hr, from underneath you can do it in 15mins!!!

Underneath is much easier. The valve is right down low, almost level with the bottom of the bumper. it was much easier on my Octavia where it sat on the top !

thanks fellas, i appreciate your help.
its a pity the weather is rubbish right now, otherwise i wud have taken a look. hopefully it dries up a bit n ill stick it on axle stands and then look and see if i can get it from underneath, if not ill have a go from up top...

You'll defo get it easier from the bottom if you have it on Axel stands. Remove the tray and you'll see it.

...get out there, whats up with you, Raincoat, socket set, Job done...:)

hahaha i just went outside to take a look, its not very nice mate! thats england for ya though, wish we could have just a little bit of sun!!!

lol well hopefully tomorrow is dry like it says it will be, n i'll have a chance to tkae a look... i'l let u know how i get on.