type r and s photos

mad max

sixth gear
Reaction score
took some photos of our cars at the weekend hope you like them.two good drivers cars i think you will agree.well some will some wont

2008_0426integra0016-1.jpg

2008_0426integra00092-1.jpg

2008_0426integra00012-1-2.jpg

i agree.. just dropped the b18 engine out of the integra into a CRX and turbo charged it, its rapid.. Still a great car by it self tho.. Dont need to comment on the s3..

thats not a proper type R, thats a UK type R :whip:

the proper type R is the JDM with the long front lights not the rings. :moa:

thats not a proper type R, thats a UK type R :whip:

the proper type R is the JDM with the long front lights not the rings. :moa:

It's got the same B18C spec engine (different mapping), same underpinnings...and built in the same factory...so it's good enough to count in my book!

As it happens...I had the full JDM front end to go on mine, before I wrote it off. I already had the dampers and wheels fitted.

At least it's not a badge engineered hatchback...like the Civic Type-R which was a ****-poor relation of the original EK9 CTR.

your S3 looks very nice chap....obviously, the side mirror housing make the car...:salute:

Comon kitey lol, just waiting for some pleb to shout about how 'gay' they look...purely because they dont have a set:p:laugh:

Very different cars.

Most high-spec Jap cars have all their power at the top, that either appeals to you or it doesn't.

At the risk of being labelled 'gay', I recently scored some S3 mirrors cheap and installed them, regardless of the repercussions. My gf said they looked tosser boy-racer :ermm:. Recently had the car dynoed with side mirrors fitted, and I got another 20 BHP atw, so they're staying on :p

At least it's not a badge engineered hatchback...like the Civic Type-R which was a ****-poor relation of the original EK9 CTR.

Very true.

The new integra DC5 is lovely but cant keep up with a JDM DC2 on track.

Any one see the dc2 turbo on pistonheads??? very nice motors mate. Black on white integra looks the badgers ********!!!!

I assume you mean mental age? :jester:

Well, mentally I've stayed 15 for the last 22 years!!

Just curious to know how many years I can keep my S3 now I've hit the dizzy heights of 37 last week, and yes it's got Chrome mirrors, and yes, I do prefer women!!

Cheers,

well, I'm 50 in June (plenty of time for you lot to sort out an R8 for my birthday present).

50 hey - well, ..you're only as old as the girl you feel :eyebrows: ..and forget the R8, we'll all chip in for a diverter valve for your birthday, ..the crudest, loudest whooossshhh!!! one we can find. Then you'll be way cool ol KB :sm4:

Call them what you want....polished aluminium, chrome plastic crap, whatever.
They are both gash.

Real S3s have the RS4 non-bling brushed aluminium mirrors fitted.
That's right...

cool! I had a UK teg before my S3, was the best car i've owned

11102005004jy0.jpg

Same here...

Car10.jpg

Probably the best car I've owned too...
Never failed to thrill when driving, did 12-18 trackdays and it never broke anything or used any oil...just brilliant.

The ITR was made for roads like the one in the photo...heaven!

That looks like a great road, where is it?
I may have to take a trip up to Scotland.

It's the A939 Cockbridge-Tomintoul road

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB|cockbridge#map=57.25145,-3.37892|11|4&loc=GB:57.25145:-3.37892:14|tomintioul|Tomintoul,%20Ballindalloch,%20Banffshire,%20Scotland,%20AB37%209

Up in the highlands there are 100s of miles of roads like that...stunning scenery, billiard table smooth roads with climbs that test engine power/torque, descents that kill brakes and corners to die for (or die on, if you get it wrong!)
Strongly recommended.

The road above is great road...I drove it 5 or 6 times that day in the ITR...as the front wheels got blacker, and blacker.

And just to show it's not a fair weather road only:
DSCF1046.jpg

Buttertubs Pass on the Yorkshir/Cumbria border is a must for me next time I'm up with the Folks, and the weather is reasonable...

Must be 10 years since I last went over there, as it was in my old Mazda 323 GT!!

Cheers,

How about calling them.....are you ready for this......"Mirror" Mirrors....

Yea crap i know....lol

It's the A939 Cockbridge-Tomintoul road

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=..., Ballindalloch, Banffshire, Scotland, AB37 9

Up in the highlands there are 100s of miles of roads like that...stunning scenery, billiard table smooth roads with climbs that test engine power/torque, descents that kill brakes and corners to die for (or die on, if you get it wrong!)
Strongly recommended.

The road above is great road...I drove it 5 or 6 times that day in the ITR...as the front wheels got blacker, and blacker.

And just to show it's not a fair weather road only:
DSCF1046.jpg

Did that road about 3 weeks ago in worse conditions.....on my GSXR750:cold:. It was quite amusing to see the faces of the skiiers and boarders at the top. One day and wont forget in a while.

this is a superb looking example:salute:

yeh it was absolutely mint, a late 2000 model, only 50k on the clock, FHSH and all original paint, bought it from a Honda main dealer when it was only 4 years old, I keep thinking of getting another, or maybe even the DC5 as the DC2's are getting very rare for a good one

I keep thinking of getting another, or maybe even the DC5 as the DC2's are getting very rare for a good one

I'd love another too...
Mine was a UK 1999 car...I had to wait for it as I missed the 400 1998 cars.
#4824, White, with red seats.

I wrote mine off at 20 months old, and only 18000 or so on the clock...and sadly it was re-built by some dodger and put back on the road...£16500 worth of damage including a bent 'shell.

Probably still around now...

As you say, they are hard to find in straight, good condition.
A couple of my mates are currently looking...been to see some dogs...shame really...as some people buying a dog will never know how good they should be.

it's amazing how many are CAT D or even CAT C! Mine got crashed into late 2005 and was written off as a CAT D, and sure enough it was bought and rebuilt.....

I'm put off buying a DC5 purely because they're imports and i've always been wary of them for some reason....

here's another pic of mine....

20112005hq9.jpg

Oh yes! I did a Lands End to John O'Groats road trip back in Sept with a few mates. We did the whole trip without touching a motorway! We blasted through England in 1 day to get to Edinburgh because I really wanted to enjoy them Scottish roads! We de-toured ALOT! If I liked the look of a road, I went on it! The road that I remember enjoying was when we went round Loch Leven. The whole trip is easily the best time I've spent with a few mates! Stunning roads, scenery... everything!

Coss

I use to looove the original type R.
Wanted to buy one when I were 23, but insurance companies had other ideas.

One figure I was quoted was £6000 a year.:ohmy: Madness.

Do have a soft spot for the integra, although I've never driven one. Supposedly THE best handling fwd car you can get!

cool! I had a UK teg before my S3, was the best car i've owned

11102005004jy0.jpg

I think i have considered the new version due to the styling...these are ugly feckers.... although that being said, ugly in this case is probably meant to be aggresive.... and from what i have heard before and what you lot have said...they area total blast...must try and get into one

if you haven't driven one, you should try to, a well set up one is really something else!

if you haven't driven one, you should try to, a well set up one is really something else!

That's the key...
Finding a straight, well set up one.
They were fantastic straight out the showroom...unbelievable with minimal mods...but sadly, so many have been smashed, fitted with crap suspension or heavy wheels that finding a good one is getting hard.