What polish do you all use

peakey

Reaction score
Iv always used auto gly /gim/glim what ever its called. Iv always been told thats the best but looking at some of the cars on ere i cant seem to get my s3 as clean and buffed as others.

6 ****** hours of waxing yesterday still cant get the result im looking for

I use the following for a nice shine..

1, Meguiars Deep Crystal Step 1 - Paint Cleaner

2, Meguiars Deep Crystal Step 2 - Polish

3, Meguiars Deep Crystal Step 3 - Carnauba Wax

and the to finish off..

Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax

A fair few products but it really does bring the car up and gets rid of swirls etc! Every few months I'll treat it to the Quick Clay detailing system! If you can't be bothered with all the expense/time then try out the Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax on it's own.

lot of hard work that Meguiars Deep stuff Lee.......have a read of the detailing threads mate

6 hours??:wtf: thats too long for me, esp as i have 3 cars to clean in the house when i do mine.
I normally clar bar the car then wax it with meguirs twice a year. Then wax the car every 2-3 months.

I use Meguiars Gold class Shampoo and conditioner, Meguiars quickclay, and just changed to using Blackfire polish, sealant, and carnauba wax.

I found the Blackfire from the detailing threads on here, and ordered through polishedbliss.com - I was so pleased with the result - awesome shine and a true 'wet-look' finish. (I've now got three of my friends cars to do next week)

Have a look at this thread to give you an idea of the finish you can expect.

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=41386

well to set it up

Wash it twice with Megs Gold class using 2 buckets

then Clay bar it, it doesnt take that long and is worth it, rinse well i usually then go over and tidy up any sctratches :mad: Ill thn use Auto Glym Super Resin two or three times including the wheels followed by a few coats of tech wax.

For example i went on a Hoon this morning got back and just jet washed the car off no soap (dont get too close! you'l remove the treatments) and its coem up loverly :drool: again

I have a silver S3 so will be moving to a Acrylic Sealer soon just using up the old stuff first.

Once you get it theyre you just have to keep it clean and you'l get good results

Dave

Aye it is mate! Worth it when it's done though! I do the full thing quarterly and just top up with the NXT Generation one in between.​

I have read that it is Lee, thats why im goin with the Jeffs kit from polished bliss, still hard work but different reports on ease of use....

well to set it up

Wash it twice with Megs Gold class using 2 buckets

then Clay bar it, it doesnt take that long and is worth it, rinse well i usually then go over and tidy up any sctratches :mad: Ill thn use Auto Glym Super Resin two or three times including the wheels followed by a few coats of tech wax.

For example i went on a Hoon this morning got back and just jet washed the car off no soap (dont get too close! you'l remove the treatments) and its coem up loverly :drool: again

I have a silver S3 so will be moving to a Acrylic Sealer soon just using up the old stuff first.

Once you get it theyre you just have to keep it clean and you'l get good results

Dave

Jeffs kit mate?:respekt:

I use Autoglym products, polish wise i start with AG SRP then give it a couple of coats of AG Extra Gloss Protection then topped off with Poorboys Natty's Blueand am very pleased with the results

R0010298.jpg

I have always used the full Autoglym range, but that is coming to an end soon, so i think i will be investing in a meguiars range next, my cousin has been using it for a while and he has a J reg Jetta GTI and to look at his bodywork, it looks like new and he uses that, so i have seen the results already....oh and apparently that tech wax stuff is supposed to be top dog!!!!

ages ago when i bought my road angel i got a free williams valet kit from halfrauds they don't make the kit anymore but was worth £50.
i use the polish which enriched with carnuba and then finish it with a meguiars wax!

Check the Foglight upgrade thread. I used Autoglym wash, then, Meguairs scractch X and then, finally just one layer of Autoglym resin polish on mine and it came it like looking nice....(i think)

Seems as if im not far wrong with useing the auto stuff maybe i need to wax on wax off harder

Just ordered some dodo juice limeprime and some purple haze wax which was recomended by the swissvax detailer who detailed my car!!! very highly recomended with a high conentration of the best carnauba wax init!!

Just ordered some dodo juice limeprime and some purple haze wax which was recomended by the swissvax detailer who detailed my car!!! very highly recomended with a high conentration of the best carnauba wax init!!
How much did that set you back? and where did you get it from?

I actually got it off ebay of all places. Think the guy selling them's a propper valeter as thats all he sells! Was goin to order it through tony (formally swissvax uk) http://www.autoshinecarcare.com Think it came to £49 including postage with free applicator pad and microfibre cloth to take off. Been told the results are second to none!

I got the jeffs kit from polished bliss and it does make life a lot easier to get good results

I'd used several different combinations before that including the Collinite 476 (which was very good but very hard to buff off)

Cheers scott.. When you get it, give it a wash and let me know what you think of it, if you like it, i might get some too.. my AG SRP is running out so im thinking of getting some new stuff.. especially now that ive just ordered the meguires clay kit.

lol not gunna spend 7g on a tub of wax but the do do stuff sounds interesting.. def let me know how u get on with it.

Yeh will let you no mate. Gunna wash it in zymol first, zymol clay it, dodo juice lime prime it (to get rid of light swirls) and seal it with the dodo juice purple haze!

I actually showed the guy who detailed my car my washing products and wasnt impressed with the autoglym. he says its too chalky and contains no carnauba! I went from the ag srp to meguires tech wax then tried the 3 stage meguires. Then he detailed it and what a different kettle of fish. After hed finished he recomended the dodo juice so must be pretty good stuff for him to be raving about!

I actually showed the guy who detailed my car my washing products and wasnt impressed with the autoglym. he says its too chalky and contains no carnauba! I went from the ag srp to meguires tech wax then tried the 3 stage meguires. Then he detailed it and what a different kettle of fish. After hed finished he recomended the dodo juice so must be pretty good stuff for him to be raving about!
Interesting.. Yeah ive been using the SRP for a while and was pretty impressed with it but when i put the gold class wax over it worked alot better.. ive ordered the meguires clay kit that comes with the carnauba wax, so looking forward to giving it a good decontamination session, but i wanted to use a different polish inbetween the waxing stage as recommended on the polished bliss website. . but yeah ill def look forward to the pix.. its hard getting a shine from white cars tho, black cars shine amazing. I'll look out for your thread when you've done it.

This thread is getting even more interesting, I cant believe how excited we get about washing our cars...lol....I am hoping to stock up on a full set of Meguiars this weekend, so if the weathers good, i will give the car a good once over and will put some pics up, hopefully some before and afters, thats if i remember to do the befores...

I think its cos we're so sun-hungry... didnt have a summer last year, so hopefully we'll actually see some good weather.. cars gunna be transparent by christmas if we get decent sunshine in 2008.

Mine goes like this:
Foam (Autobrite foam lance - 2 pts Super Snow Foam and 1 pt Megs Shampoo plus)
Let it stand for 10 mind or so whilst I do the wheels with Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner
High-pressure wash the foam off.
Wash with Megs Shampoo Plus and do the wheels again if needed with the Bilberry
Clay (Griots Garage Clay + Speed Shine)
Autobrite Tardis or similar to get the tar spots off
Wash again with Megs Shampoo Plus
Hose off and dry with a waffle weave towel

Then a coat or two of Menzerna FMJ glaze
Then a decent carnauba wax (Griots Garage Carnauba Wax, Raceglaze Series 55 or blackfire Midnight Sun...depending on which car I'm doing)

Inside treated with some Poorboys interior dressing that smells of bubblegum...and leather with trusty AG Leather Care.

Just some advice...
Don't join DetailingWorld...it'll cost you a fortune!

So you have got me interested now, not good lol. If I wanted to get my S3 Detailed what sort of price would I be looking at from your point of view. I was just browsing DetailingWorld pictures, some of the work is amazing, I would like to get it done just hope its not too expensive.

Oh by the way this is your fault. Seems like a bit of reverse psychology there, (dont join DetailingWorld) lol. Now I have :sob:

Your jus showing off ESS_THREE. lol. Bet it looks good after that. Its one of my pet hates detailing my car (even though it gets done every sunday) but suppose its gotta be done!!!

Yeh ill get some pics up some time of the dodo juice.

And if any 1s interested ive got the meguires 3 stage system (3 bottles nearly new... only used once to test) if anyboday fancies buying them cheap??? wont be needing after the dodo's arrive. lol.

Scott how much and what does it exist of??

The lime prime and dodo juice purple haze cost me £49 off ebay with some freebies thrown in. I believe both products contain natural white carnauba wax which is the best you can get (sets as hard as concrete when dry) to give an awesome protection. The lime prime is basically a pre-stage before the wax to remove lite swirl marks and scratches then sealed with the wax........... Heres a link to tonys site who stocks the full range of dodo juice products. If you quote my name hell probably give you a discount http://www.autoshinecarcare.com/

theres different waxes for differt paint colours etc.... i believe the banana armour is also good stuff !!!! :thumbsup:

Oh and i truely believe the saying 'you get what you pay for' Ie you buy a £7 bottle of autoglym and your gunna end up with not as good a finish as a 7 grand glass clad zymol extraviganzer!!! lol

Yeah i saw that last time you posted the link, thats the one im thinking of getting.. but even after speaking to the guys at polishedbliss.. apart from the jeffs acrylic kit i still havnt found a replacment polish.. these are all sealants are they not?

Yes there all sealants. Ive got the impression that if its got a reasoable percentage of natural carnauba wax init then its pretty good stuff. Ie thats why the £7000 zymol stuffs so expensive because its something like 80% carnauba

was reading about the £7000 zymol stuff and it says its refillable for free for life!!!! we should all club together and take advantage of that. Get 70 people to buy it at £100 each then split it 70 ways and keep refilling it for naff all!!!!! lol. soon get ya moneys worth