weitec suspension

sfs3

Reaction score
Just replaced the suspension at the weekend. It is the weitec 20/15 kit. However it looks higher on the front than it was on standard set up.

Any ideas.

Did you replace the top mounts? When I replaced my top mounts, it brought the front of the car UP 15mm as the old top mounts were very compressed.

To be honest, I think ride height can vary so much, that fitting a 15/20mm kit will never really show all that much.

I've got a 50mm weitec kit on my A3 and it stil doesn't really look lowered!

How much was the weitec kit, if you don't mind me asking?

The weitec kit for a 1.8T A3 is £285 Clach, it's a really good kit, can get it in either 30mm or 50mm drop.

I wonder about these 50mm kits. I'm not sure how they work that measuremant out. I tried lowering my car 50mm with coilovers. It scraped the floor pretty much. Actually looked pretty cool, but I worried for my sump whenever I saw an acorn in the road! :)

Mines NEVER 50mm down kev,

do you happen to know how much lower a 'sport' model is than standard? as the 50mm drop is supposedly measured from standard height.

Mines pretty low at the front, but not crazy low at the back.... Doesn't cause an issue really with speed bumps as long as I slow down!

Sorry, I don't know how much lower the sport models are. You'll have to go armed with your balaclava and measure a non sport in the night :)

I Have the H&R Cup kit which is 55mm.

Its quite low from the front very noticable next to a standard A3.

Im going to be going Weitec Coilovers soon when funds permit though...

Jason

Cheers Prawn, I think the sports are 20mm lower.

I Have the H&R Cup kit which is 55mm.

Its quite low from the front very noticable next to a standard A3.

Im going to be going Weitec Coilovers soon when funds permit though...

Jason

Your car is ****** harsh riding compared to my Weitecs! Handles OK, but the shocks are HARD!"

Harder than mine?

Proper victorian boneshaker mine, hate to be in anything harsher...