Samco Intake hose Problem

Ryanc

Reaction score
Hi ,
Having a problem with my Samco Intake Hose,It seems that my car (very early 99) has a different stock intake pipe to most of the s3's and therefore the connections off the stock hose are different or positioned diffently.Firstly having looked at Jon murgies(2000 s10hp s3) gallery his stock pipe is clearly different to mine and identical to the samco one.
http://www.tyresmoke.net/gallery/albun56?&page=3
My stock pipe part no;
06A 133356 E / PXO 416482
Jon's
06A 145892 AJ / PXO 103908
My stock pipe looks identical to this us spec tt225(note pressure sensor on left)
Diverter_valve_detail_2A.jpg

jons and everybody elses looks like this(note pressure sensor on right)
dvlocation1.jpg

So i've done this basic drawing,
Intakepipes3.jpg

could everybody confirm that i am correct in assuming what goes in each of the samco hose connections,i will try and diy it in if the pressure sensor wire is long enough.thanks for all the help,regards Ryan

This is the first differnce I have heard of to be honest.......I was under the impression that all the intake hose were the same in terms of part positions, obviously not on the early ones.

yeah mine is different,just pop out to your car mike and confirm that my guess is right,regards Ryan

hi,
turns out that the early tt and s3's(99) do have this different intake pipe as has been confirmed by the tt forum which has the different locations/diameter connections of the off pipes.If anyone can sort out a little adaption for me i'd be happy to supply the beer tokens,otherwise it's back to forge!!I wonder if ottienger did a early pipe??regards Ryan

Ryan, thats the N75 on the left on your pic.

Not seen a hose with that arrangement before.

Try dropping ImolaS3 (Grant) a PM...

If I remember correctly, his had the earlier style of inlet hose too - the first I'd come accross, and he's since managed to have a Forge inlet hose fitted...I'm pretty sure the dealer fitted it during his service.
I'm sure he'll be able to offer some guidance.

thanks ess three,i'll drop him a mail,like i said if the connections are as i said it could be adapted,i think the pvc is slightly smaller diameter on the samco hose,could you confirm that my guess's on the samco are correct?regards Ryan

I would guess that Samco only make the later style hose, but with a bit of lubricant I think you'll be able to get it to work...
Worst case, you may have to buy a couple of the OEM hoses for the later style hook up to get it all neat.

Best speak to Grant though...I know his standard set up was completely different to mine, and his car is a '99 (I think). He got his Samco hose from the US, but I bet it's the same as yours and mine...so I'm certain he had to have a few tweeks done to make it work.

I've never seen him since he's had the hose on, so I can't say for definate...but I'm sude he'll be only too keep to assist where possible.

Hi glen,
yes i'm sure it can be done ,i'll wait until i hear from grant to try and adapt it,pretty sure the dv and n75 hoses are identical diameters(different positions).The hose just before the turbo-which goes across the engine looks like the same diameter,what is this???The PCV(positive crankcase ventilaion) valve does looks like a larger diamter,so i might have to get the later style hose that fits underneath(small diameter)as the actual pcv looks identical.I just hope i can bodge it in before the revo install.regards Ryan

Arrrrrghhhh - I've had a set of Samco's sat in the garage for a while now, after buying them of BassS3. I was planning to fit them whenmy car goes in for the new clutch and other bits and bobs. After reading this post I've just been and checked my hose and guess ****** what!!!

You guessed it I'm now in the same situation as you Ryan. Different ****** hose.

Any feed back you've had would be much appreciated mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

hi,
Basically there are 4 connections ,3 are in similar positions the n75 valve is on the opposite side,which means a extention of the oem pipe.The PCV(mushroom) oem pipe looks like a larger diameter pipe on our intake hose but i've yet to confirm this.It can definetely be adapted but i'm leaving the job till next weekend when all the shops are open if i need some more hose.regards Ryan

Cheers Ryan. Mines currently sat in my garage with a knackered clutch, its getting done on the 19th April, so when the bumpers all off I'll have a go at fitting them.
Will you post up youre findings please mate.

Cheers
Paul

I've got an intake hose to fit to my 99 s3 it looks like the cables to one of the sensors needs extending, and a couple of the pipes need extending but I know when I start it I will finish it.

hi neil,
i'm from leicestershire,nice to see a local on here.