RNSe 2007 DVD - installed for life?

Twizzler

Reaction score
So, having the new 2008 dvd I pressed the eject button to remove the 2007 version - and nothing happened. After about 20 attempts I gave up and made first contact with my local dealer. 'Hmm - we've heard of that before' said the man. They're gonna have a look this afternoon. Anyone else overcome this little problem?

There is a setting that can be changed with VAG-COM to disable the eject button.

> Channel 067 (Eject CD/DVD)
000 - default
001 - eject CD/DVD
255 - eject button locked, no eject possible

Just ask the dealer to set it to 000 and all should be well.

You beat me to it marms.

Twizzler, did you get the RNS-E factory fit, or was it a retrofit? It'd be interesting if they are coming from the factory with the eject button locked.

When I picked up my ex demo S3, the DVD drive was locked and I had to get them to unlock it.

They apparently put the DVD in the drive at the factory and then lock it to prevent it being stolen. As part of the PDI sheet in my car, it said 'Unlock DVD drive if fitted', which was ticked!

QuickNick said:
When I picked up my ex demo S3, the DVD drive was locked and I had to get them to unlock it.

They apparently put the DVD in the drive at the factory and then lock it to prevent it being stolen.

Yeh, that makes sense. I did wonder about that.

Unlocked by local dealer now. He said even if the dvd was unlocked on arrival from the factory they would lock it. 'It's not a CD player you know' he said.

Nelson_Wilbury said:
That's where he's wrong. It's actually an MP3/CD Player slot :p
Before any asks .... no you can't play an MP3 DVD or a video DVD in that slot. The only discs it will accept are:

- map DVD
- audio CD
- MP3 CD
- SW upgrade CD

No other combinations work.