TT Pedals

ash_s3

Reaction score
Before you ask, ive searched thoroughly and most links etc have expired so im asking again!

Has anyone got the part numbers for the aluminium tt pedals (RHD)
Had some on my old S3 but i sold them! Grr...

Aparently theyre cheaper from audi main dealer than vag-parts etc.. just need the part numbers

Cheers
Ash

ash_s3 said:
Aparently theyre cheaper from audi main dealer than vag-parts

I had them on my old A3 and sold them with it. Just ordered another set for mine yesterday. The part numbers from my old invoice are:
8N2721647B £13.50
8N0721173A01C £7.93
8N0721174A01C £7.93

All plus VAT

j4jon said:
I had them on my old A3 and sold them with it. Just ordered another set for mine yesterday. The part numbers from my old invoice are:
8N2721647B £13.50
8N0721173A01C £7.93
8N0721174A01C £7.93

All plus VAT

Thanks very much matey, i take it this is for the RHD accelerator pedal so it just fits straight on

Cheers again

Ash

do these fit straight on?

S3 SAF said:
do these fit straight on?

Yes, the B & C pedals were easy the A was a pig to get on. (try soaking them in warm water beforehand - helps loosen up the rubber)

Yeah wish i didnt sell them now!
Just ordered them from audi, was £27 all inc
Will be in-stock tomorrow so il take some pics as soon as ive got them on

Cheers
Ash

Ian_GSi16v said:
Whats the crack with these TT pedals? Are they just a bit of a fancy add on?

The word is bling.

Admittedly I have them in my S3, however in their defense the 'grip' is much better then the OE ones.

heres mine half way through the swap too show the difference:
DSC00117.jpg

the car has since been clean before anyone says!

They should fit no probs on a facelift 8L right?

Or am i incorrect? Im about to order em for friday delivery.

Rikster23 said:
They should fit no probs on a facelift 8L right?

Or am i incorrect? Im about to order em for friday delivery.

Should do mate, mine are going on a facelift 8L, picked mine up today, will have a go at fitting them tomorrow, aslong as you get the RHD accelerator they will fit, if you buy ebay ones, most are LHD and the accelerator is wider so wont fit UK cars, u have to superglue it on

i've got them fitted, went straight on

so should slip on like a slipper? :p

Ordered the ones above anyways so if it doesnt fit I can return em :)

For me the clutch and accelerator was easy but the brake, jesus I lost it and nearly lauched it across the road as it was a pig to get on. For some it just went on no probs but naturally not for me! Take heed and warm it up or something to get it on easier.

use some waterbased lube if it's tight! :yes:

Apparently the best thing is to stick them in a bowl of hot water for 5mins before fitting, hot but not boiling. the water helps them slide on and the rubber is more flexible when warm.

If you happen to be a muppet like me and buy the LHD pedals then you can still fit the accelerator pedal by sticking it with glue over the orginal cover... this gives you a slightly bigger accelerator pedal which in all fairness I like:
DSC00110.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

By sticking the original inside the other it then clips onto the metal pedal and ive had mine on for around a year now and no issues at all.

Looks smart. Cant wait for mine to arrive now :)

Clear side repeaters are getting done too.. woo.. simple mods here we come.

Glad they fit ok, not had chance to fit mine yet. Spent the time fitting the DieselGeek short shift

j4jon said:
Glad they fit ok, not had chance to fit mine yet. Spent the time fitting the DieselGeek short shift

definetly soak them in pretty-hot water first, makes fitting a doddle, done mine in well under 5mins!

OK i'll take that on board, I'm going to do that tomorrow hopefully.

Did mine too using the above part numbers....EASY to fit if you use the warm water method.

I bought mine from Vag-parts they were a right pig to get on probably because i did them on a cold saturday morning!

But i boiled a kettle popped them in a bowl while i got the old rubber ones off.

I poured kettle water over the rubber ones to get them off too!

Worthy addition though well worth it!

J

A3_Turbo said:
I bought mine from Vag-parts they were a right pig to get on probably because i did them on a cold saturday morning!

But i boiled a kettle popped them in a bowl while i got the old rubber ones off.

I poured kettle water over the rubber ones to get them off too!

Worthy addition though well worth it!

J

The hot water really does make all the difference, i struggled like an idiot when fitting the same ones in my old S3
Also fitted some to my mates Polo, a very worthwhile mod IMO