NEED IGNITION LIVE FOR HANDS FREE?

AUDIISBEST54321

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member can any one help:- I have A4 TDI, avant on 04 plate. I'm trying to fit a parot ck3100 hands free kit. I have used ISO conectors which came suplied, but it's not working. I've been told I need an ignition live, as well as the permanent live which supplies the radio, any idea where I can get ignition live from? thanks CJ:keule:

On the Parrot wiring loom, you have 2 wires with a fuse holder in-line.
You need to swap the 2 wires going in to the 2 fuse holders to sort out your problem

Have already tryed that, before shamlessley going into halfords for some free advice.( GOD LOVES A TRIER!) This is were the ignition live idea came from.
Have just been reading some old forums, seems as if i need to find a thin red wire under the stearing colum? If this is the case can I cut it, conect using terminal block adding new wire, and insert new wire into the ISO block which used to go into the back off the radio (which is now in the parot ISO adapter) I think this would give me a ignition live? If this is the case, would I need a realy in the new wire? thanks

Hello and welcome.

Try having a look at one the technical sections or the ICE part, good luck.

Look under the dash at the drivers side next to the fusebox area, There are several, (3 Maybe?) red wires that terminate on the bottom. These should be igntion live. Check with a multimeter to make sure you got the right one. They are fused already and wont need relays.

Its difficult to describe the location exactly but if you remove the drivers side lower dash trim, its only a few 8mm bolts, you'll see where I mean quite easily.

Hello and thanks all, Got it wired in so hands free goes off when key is taken out. Old threads were great help to. Just need to work out how to get rear speakers to go off when call comes in. Will post new thread. Thanks CJ.:)

And this is when you tell people how you did it.
So, when the next guy with the same problem has a look on this forum, he can find the answers without having to ask the same questions again.