S3 Question

zabba

Reaction score
Firstly Hello, my first post, although i've been reading posts for a few weeks now, found it really useful.

I'm looking to replace my current car, a 2004 Civic Type-R with something a bit more comfy and at least as quick. The Civic has been great, had it for 3 years, been very enjoyable to drive and never gone wrong, but i'm now starting to get tired of ragging it to get decent performance. Its also pretty aweful in the wet. Originally I wanted a 350Z, but i'm not sure I can live with lack of practicality. So been thinking about an S3, always been a fan of fast Audis and the slightly understated looks really appeal.

Anyway I have a few questions:-

1) Are dealer discounts available? Ideally i don't want to spend more than £25k. I don't want a fancy spec, but I presume a new one is out of the reckoning? Spec wise, I think black metallic, black optics, flat bottomed steering wheel are all I want. The buckets would be nice, but just not willing to pay the premium.
2) Can dealers retro-fit the black optics pack? I've seen used examples for sale without it, just wonder if it can be put on these.
3) Finally, if anyone has any decent pictures of a black S3 with optics pack, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

Dave

You should be able to get 5.5% off without too much bother.

re: Optics Pack; if you search the Audi Used Car locator for S3's there are plently of pictures on there ;)

zabba said:
Firstly Hello, my first post, although i've been reading posts for a few weeks now, found it really useful.

I'm looking to replace my current car, a 2004 Civic Type-R with something a bit more comfy and at least as quick. The Civic has been great, had it for 3 years, been very enjoyable to drive and never gone wrong, but i'm now starting to get tired of ragging it to get decent performance. Its also pretty aweful in the wet. Originally I wanted a 350Z, but i'm not sure I can live with lack of practicality. So been thinking about an S3, always been a fan of fast Audis and the slightly understated looks really appeal.

Anyway I have a few questions:-

1) Are dealer discounts available? Ideally i don't want to spend more than £25k. I don't want a fancy spec, but I presume a new one is out of the reckoning? Spec wise, I think black metallic, black optics, flat bottomed steering wheel are all I want. The buckets would be nice, but just not willing to pay the premium.
2) Can dealers retro-fit the black optics pack? I've seen used examples for sale without it, just wonder if it can be put on these.
3) Finally, if anyone has any decent pictures of a black S3 with optics pack, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

Dave

You should get new for 25k where are you?:hubbahubba:

RGBArgee said:
You should get new for 25k where are you?:hubbahubba:

I'm in South London, where can I get new for £25k? Had a look at brokers like drivethedeal and no discounts mentioned.

mitch78 said:
There are some pics of mine on here.

If you bought one without the optics pack (which is basically just the grill) you can get them from the Audi dealer for around £250.

Thanks Mitch, your car looks great!

jamiekip said:
For cash you might be able to get these guys down to £26k if they want to move it.

I got my car from Parkland Audi and they are really good.
I dealt with Helen Cox (I think that's her surname!)

Not anymore you can't :w00t:

Test drove it yesterday, left a deposit, pick it up Wednesday or Thursday!

RGBArgee said:
Nice spec but not much of a bargain IMHO. If it's been a demo I expect it's been hammered! Nice wheels!:icon_thumright:

However, it's 4 months old, so comes with pretty much a full manufacturers warranty. If it has been "hammered" then any potential issues are fixed under warranty.

One of the sales guys has been using it as his daily driver, and has clocked up just under 5,000 miles. Which is only an average of just over 1,000 month, so nothing shocking.

They have an A6 Avant they want to shift that is a September 07 car, has done just under 15,000 miles, and that was before Christmas!

Wheels are nice yes :) going to be a ****** to keep clean though!

Hi zabba. I have recently changed from a Type R to an S3. Like you I was getting tired of having to rev the nuts of the engine, noise etc. Though I must add it was a great car and fun to own, the S3 blows it out of the water in every department! Understated looks, instant power delivery, quattro and superb build quality. As said above a 5% discount from new should be easily to achieve. So my advice is to go for it you wont regret it!!!

daviscup said:
Hi zabba. I have recently changed from a Type R to an S3. Like you I was getting tired of having to rev the nuts of the engine, noise etc. Though I must add it was a great car and fun to own, the S3 blows it out of the water in every department! Understated looks, instant power delivery, quattro and superb build quality. As said above a 5% discount from new should be easily to achieve. So my advice is to go for it you wont regret it!!!

Ditto, also had a Type R, I agree with everything you have said, and don't forget how much more comfy the S3 is, ride ,seats Etc, and not always having to correct the steering on the motorway.

Buy one ,you will not regret it !!!

Mark

Thanks for all the responses.

Good to hear some former type-r owners have made the move and haven't looked back!