S3 Spoiler Question

wilkins

Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals),

First post here, been an 8P owner for almost a year now. "Not another spoiler thread" is probably what you're thinking, but it's a legit question!

I'm looking at fitting an S3/S-Line spoiler to my non-S3/S-Line A3 (Special Edition, no not even the SE model). I'm looking at bolting it on, as bonding it to the vehicle (no matter how sturdy) doesn't sit right with me. My question is for the S3 or S-Line owners - where do the bolts go through? Obviously there's the holes in the top panel, seen here:

f5npk.jpg

...but are there also holes in the second-skin underneath? Or is the S3/S-Line tailgate upper-panel just the one skin?

Most grateful for your input

Yes you drill through from underneath with a pilot, then drill the roof lid wider to about 13mm so the spoiler studs push into the boot lid & touch the underside where you bolt them onto, there are already holes drilled on the inside or at least all have been when I've fitted spoilers for clients.

Yes you drill through from underneath with a pilot, then drill the roof lid wider to about 13mm so the spoiler studs push into the boot lid & touch the underside where you bolt them onto, there are already holes drilled on the inside or at least all have been when I've fitted spoilers for clients.

Ah great, thanks for your help! My tailgate doesn't have any inside holes, but the spoiler is attached to an S3 tailgate, so I guess I can use those as a template. Is it a fairly straight forward job to do?