HEATED DOOR MIRRORS?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Can anyone one tell me if all A4's come with heated door mirrors,as mine have never defrosted? 2002 A4 TDI (B6) STANDARD BASE MODEL.

Mine work with my heated screen I think. They seem to work ok but not as good as they used to.

Not a standard option i'm sure. Mine on the Allroad work very well... we see steam coming off them when its reaaly cold! looks like there smoking!

No, optional extra. I think they also came bundled with certain options such as auto dimming or folding mirrors. They were also added as a "freeby" on S-Line and SE models for a limited period.
If they are fitted, they only work when the adustment knob is in the centre position and the outside temp is below 3degC.

My dad's B6 didnt have them fitted so we bought a pair of heated mirror glasses from Audi and they worked perfectly as the wiring was already in the mirror housing.

It was a few years ago, 2002 I think. I recall they were about £60 for the pair.

Thanks guys,goin check mine see if wiring is there!

They are about 40 pounds a pair. You can get them from GSF and fitting takes about 10 minutes. Remove the black lip from around the mirror housing and then bently ease the glass away from the motor mount. Non-heated mirror glass will have dummy terminals on the back with the wiring connected to them. Simply swap the wires onto the new mirror and then press back into place. WARNING!!!! Press in the middle of the glass where it is supported by the motor. Do not press at the edge of the glass as you may break it!!! When I removed my original glass I managed to break it as I didn't remove the trim from the housing and just levered at the edges where I could get my fingers around!:keule:

yours, quattro4

yeah same here, I managed to break both when I changed my Mirror covers, They are sooo delicate. I got mine off ebay luckily for £20 the pair delivered from a breaker, Usually around £60 - £80 a pair but can be more depending where you go.

I tested mine this morning and mine didnt defrost till I switched my rear heated screen on, Very steamy!!!:)

J7USS said:
I tested mine this morning and mine didnt defrost till I switched my rear heated screen on, Very steamy!!!:)
They only come on when the rear screen is switched on AND the ambient temperature is below 12 Celsius. So if it's below 12 Celsius you can also use them to dry wet mirrors.