Very Impressed!!!

ash_s3

Reaction score
Dropped Milltek an email to say the clamp has rusted up on my milltek exhaust and asked if i could purchase a replacement
Next thing i know, 4 clamps turn up by courier, business class post the next day, totally FOC!

Was really pleased with their customer service, maybe because its xmas??!!

Just thought id let you all know!

Ash

Thats what you call customer service

Yeah, there is a hairline crack in the back box on mine, spotted by an eagle-eyed guy at JBS. Spoke to Milltek - they said next time your passing, drop in and we'll replace it for free. That's what I call a lifetime warranty!

jcs356 said:
Yeah, there is a hairline crack in the back box on mine, spotted by an eagle-eyed guy at JBS. Spoke to Milltek - they said next time your passing, drop in and we'll replace it for free. That's what I call a lifetime warranty!

Ha ha unlike the "lifetime warranty" on Kamasa tools where you snap the jaw off a spanner & the guy tells you that due to it snapping that's the end of it's life span :o.k:

to be fair milltek have always been really good at that sort of thing.

It's a pity they weren't the slightest bit interested in making my S3 system fit properly...despite speaking to Phil Millington himself, it remained the ill fitting, knocking, annoying, ****-poor effort over the time I had the car despite being removed and re-hung several times by authorised dealers.

I'm pleased people are impressed...sadly, I was not.

good news about milltek, they do seem fairly good at customer service.

On a seperate note, with the exception of voorhees, i am loving the new breed of special christmas avatars gents!

Keep up the good work

Ess_Three said:
It's a pity they weren't the slightest bit interested in making my S3 system fit properly...despite speaking to Phil Millington himself, it remained the ill fitting, knocking, annoying, ****-poor effort over the time I had the car despite being removed and re-hung several times by authorised dealers.

I'm pleased people are impressed...sadly, I was not.

Was the Milltek still on the car when you sold it or did you swap for something else?

The turbo back miltek i have too is crap knocks and bangs every-where.

Ive emailed Miltek to see what they say,

Jason

S4quatt said:
Was the Milltek still on the car when you sold it or did you swap for something else?

After spending £1300 on Millteks finest cats and exhaust, to not only find that the exhaust knocked when the car was hot and that the tailpipes were not in line with the rear box (so one or the other always sat squint)...and that they also produced none of the power claims that AmD/Milltek were claiming (at best a couple of BHP & lb-ft..all within the tolerance of the independant dyno I was paying to use...so hardly worth clamining was a 'gain' at all) I didn't see much point is spending even more money on a part that seemed to not give any form of gain, presumably because there was nothing wrong with the standard system, in the first instance.

Once Millteks 100 cell cats started to fail the MOT on emissions, they agreed to replace them with 200 Cell cats just as David R bought the car (which, to be fair, was good of them)...but the knocking exhaust continued.

I presume it still does...when hot..and still sits squint.

I had a Milltek on my Mk3 GTI too...and it was sooooo stupidly loud and droney that it had to go...replaced with a Supersprint which is less noisy.
To be fair the fit and finish of the Mk3 GTI system was perfect...just so unbelievably loud, it had to go.