Anybody have their S3 remapped using GIAC?

I've got to say it again Mike, those wheels look great!!!

Is that a strip of meccano in picture 2?

Hello,

I had my car bluefinned about 3 months ago, but like i said before i am starting to wonder if GIAC would have been a better option, especially after reading that you can change the map around to suit your needs!

Before my remap i did plenty of research on these forums and bluefin was the one that most people would recommend, but now GIAC are getting more recognition.

The bluefin is good, but i would like it to be a bit more aggressive, is there anyone near leeds that has had their S3 chipped by GIAC?

Im considering taking my ECU back to standard then having the GIAC trial, could this potentially harm my ECU?

Thanks

Johnnyb said:
Hello,

I had my car bluefinned about 3 months ago, but like i said before i am starting to wonder if GIAC would have been a better option, especially after reading that you can change the map around to suit your needs!

Before my remap i did plenty of research on these forums and bluefin was the one that most people would recommend, but now GIAC are getting more recognition.

The bluefin is good, but i would like it to be a bit more aggressive, is there anyone near leeds that has had their S3 chipped by GIAC?

Im considering taking my ECU back to standard then having the GIAC trial, could this potentially harm my ECU?

Thanks

Klauster has the MTM remap if you'd like to compare against that. Although I've not seen any posts from him for a while now.

Where did the RS4 reps come from as they are some of the better ones I have seen!

Much heavier than standard?

Heya,

Yep there's a guy in Aus that imports them from Italy - cost around 1500 Aus and 1600 Aus for the CS3 rubber (235/35) Offset is ET 45

Weight - funny enough is around 1lb lighter but with tyres not much difference from the stockers

upload2.jpg

upload1.jpg

car1.JPG

frontwheel.JPG

wheelrear1.JPG

Cheers
M

Now you have done it!

You might be other side of the world but my Mrs will find you!

mitch78 said:
I hope I don't come across as sounding like I'm saying "No, you're wrong". I'd just hate for someone to go and spend £650 and not get what they were expecting.

Really appreciate the insight. The way it was described to me was very much more in line with the RS4 system, so I'm very interested to hear the actual version of events. I was actually hoping for a more rear wheel drive characteristic which is a shame, so with general driving about I probably wouldn't notice hardly any difference.