CAN ANYONE HELP?? VAG COM FOUND A FAULT!

grays3

Reaction score
HI I HAD MY S3 MAPPED YESTERDAY! AND BEFORE IT WAS DONE IT WAS PLUGGED INTO VAG COM AND IT CAME UP WITH A FAULT
(LOST COMMUNICATION WITH 4X4) OR HEDEX IS IT? BUT THE CAR DRIVES FINE! THE BLOKE THAT DID IT TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY BUT I AM!
HAS ANYONE COME ACROSS THIS BEFORE? IF SO WHAT COULD IT BE...AS THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME!

Try and do a hard launch in the car from standstill, it shouldn't wheelspin, if it does, then your Haldex is knackered!

And can you try and type without the 'CapsLock' button on please, thanks.

Ok cool! its abit wet here at the mo so il try that later!

grays3 said:
Ok cool! its abit wet here at the mo so il try that later!

Even better to test it out in the wet! It should not wheelspin at all, have a go, if it does, then there is definitely something wrong!

is this a common fault?? or have i just been un-lucky?

grays3 said:
is this a common fault?? or have i just been un-lucky?

I would say unlucky, there's been a couple on this forum as far as I can remember, the problem usually related to the Haldex controller, but try and see if your 4wd is working first, we don't yet know if it's that problem for sure!

Well my bro had a similar problem with his Golf V6 4motion, when he went to remap it they found that his haldex control switch (I think thats what its called) was faulty and so his 4wd didn't work. He ended up buying a new control switch and eventually the uprated haldex controller for £500 (as mentioned above)

jojo said:
Even better to test it out in the wet! It should not wheelspin at all, have a go, if it does, then there is definitely something wrong!
well i have taken it out and launched it and no spinning...............???

You need to get someone to plug VAG-COM back in and note the exact fault, then clear the code, drive it and try VAG-COM again a few days later to see if the fault code reappears.
It may be an intermittant fault, also the fault 'may' have occurred just the once but still be logged.

vanilla_ice said:
What's the latest grays3?

ICE
well i have taken it out on the grass and tried to get the front wheels to spin! but all 4 spin! the fronts alittle more but im sure thats whats its ment to do! i have spoke to audi today and they told me if if thr front wheels spin its ******** but if all 4 spin its ok! so fingers crossed!

some sod has just keyed the side of it!!!:aggressive:

Hmm i'm sure the wheels spinning dosent mean that the Haldex isnt working, I can do a fairly aggresive start with no spins but if the road is mildly damp and i rev it to 4.5k and drop the clutch I get wheel spin, not much mind you, on a wet round with those kind of revs I most certainly wheel spin! In the wet the rears feel there spinning more than the fronts.

grays3 said:
well i have taken it out on the grass and tried to get the front wheels to spin! but all 4 spin! the fronts alittle more but im sure thats whats its ment to do! i have spoke to audi today and they told me if if thr front wheels spin its ******** but if all 4 spin its ok! so fingers crossed!

some sod has just keyed the side of it!!!:aggressive:

Have you tried to clear the codes on the Haldex Control Module then scan again?......as it might be old fault fixed?