Roll (safety) cages

Bula_82

Self Confessed Nightmare!
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about them?

I wanna us the A3 for track days and get a new daily.

I've searched the forum but can't find much information on them (might be searching the wrong thing?)

Basically looking to find out how much it'd cost and where I can get one, will it need to be custom made? I can't find places that will supply an A3 one, less it'd be the same as a mk4 golf....

Have you asked safety devices?

Best cages for retro fit in my opinion...

caged in wiltshire did mine in old golf. full weld in cage, no pics, car wrote off not long after. cage saved life. great quality and tidy job. cost approx £1k. phil@ caged is the bloke to speak to

In my track cars in the past Ive always run Safety Devices ones, think they have the right quality and fit to make you feel happy about driving your car hard with them in there

Thanks all, I'll prob look at/speak to all of those places, keep my options open, i'm in no great rush so long as i've got a plan put together and started in time for summer next year.

Any other help much appreciated.

It really depend what you want to do with the car. I know you said track days but do you think you may progress and go racing?
You also need to decide how practical you want the car to be versus how safe and structural you want the cage.
Also how much of the interior you want to remove.
The most basic will be a bolt in roll hoop. Then a bolt in full cage.
Welded in cages are the best type but you will need to remove more carpets etc.
A full weld in cage can include side door protection and structural rigidity if they are braced onto the suspension pick up points.
There are 2 different types of tube used, CDS (Cold drawn steel) and T45 which is lighter and more expensive.
You can spend from £500 to £6000.
It's really important to have a crystal ball and try to predict how far you are going to go with the car as the ground work is very different for a basic track car compared to a fully prepared race car.
We are always available to talk through your plans and guide you if required.
Regards
Mark Hosken
Backdraft Motorsport.
See us at Audi International Show 13th October.