s3 tuning advice

jeffers999

got boost
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a 1999 s3 before i bought the car it was chipped when i put it on the rollers it made 255bhp, since then i have fitted a full de cat exhaust system and a full front mount intercooler do you think i should get it mappet yet or am i missing anything else to do first ?? any advice will be great cheers.
jeff

OK mate i had a 2 and 3 quater inch de cat system by prospeed its a v nice job cost about 400 ish ... my cooler size is 600mm X 300mm X 76mm quite a fair size .

So was it an easy job fitting the intercooler? Did you do it? That is a fair size so did you have to have the cooler pipes coming out where the fog lights are meant to be?
I wanna get a det cat but as i've just bought a house got to e sensible with money for a bit! :no:

Have you got a Turbo intake pipe on yours yet?

With the decat you could release a whole load more top end power, in terms of that it can still produce torque after 6000rpm, and the FMIC will help with charge temperatures.

You could look at getting it custom remapped to suit the mods, but thats expensive.

A generic remap will do nothing for it. Bhp wont go up if you do get it remapped, but it will produce a better driving experience.

nicklght said:
So was it an easy job fitting the intercooler? Did you do it? That is a fair size so did you have to have the cooler pipes coming out where the fog lights are meant to be?
I wanna get a det cat but as i've just bought a house got to e sensible with money for a bit! :no:

Have you got a Turbo intake pipe on yours yet?

Yea it was quite easy to fit it, and yea i done it on my drive ..
yea the cooler pipes come along where the fogs where once up on a time lol..
If i knew how to post a pic i would lol ..

Dave_Bayern said:
With the decat you could release a whole load more top end power, in terms of that it can still produce torque after 6000rpm, and the FMIC will help with charge temperatures.

You could look at getting it custom remapped to suit the mods, but thats expensive.

A generic remap will do nothing for it. Bhp wont go up if you do get it remapped, but it will produce a better driving experience.

Cheers mate as for a custom map what do you call expensive i dont really mind spending the money as iv gone so far with it now may aswell finish it off with a custom map ..
cheers again jeff

cooler002.jpg

cooler001.jpg

Going for the jap look then Jeffers!!

Couldnt you just have trimmed some bumper away? The S3 bumper has more gap behind it than the A3 and I 'just about' managed to squeeze mine behind it.

Silicone TIP, uprated DV... you got those fitted? I'd say get a custom remap to encorperate the new mods you've mad as they will of made a difference to how the cars running. We can do one for you for £440 all in.

Hope this helps!

Hey jeff it looks really nice mate, think its time to get mine done now! :idea:

I think i paid £400 for a custom remap and Forge TIP at MRC, So if DPM are doing it for £440 all with a DV and TIP i'd say go for that!
I've heard good things about them on here and i think alot of people will agree .
If sure if you ask them nicely they might round it down to a nice £400 figure.LOL:slap:

you paid £400 for custom map at mrc ? usually £500

Thanks guys glad some peops like it was driving around today (dragged shoping with the mrs great) lol i was having some good looks at the front end ..

Cheers james0808 for posting them..

Ho yea i have a forge dv fitted aswell forgot to say that..

Id like to get it mapped one day this week if poss could you do that up there dpm ?? its a very long drive for me tho but people have said good things about you :friends: ??
cheers guys jeff..

nicklght said:
Hey jeff it looks really nice mate, think its time to get mine done now! :idea:

I think i paid £400 for a custom remap and Forge TIP at MRC, So if DPM are doing it for £440 all with a DV and TIP i'd say go for that!
I've heard good things about them on here and i think alot of people will agree .
If sure if you ask them nicely they might round it down to a nice £400 figure.LOL:slap:

Pop down one day if you want nick take a look at it i am gonna try and trim the pipes a little more to bring it all in a bit tighter.. should look a little better then i think ??

DPM said:
I'm sure we could try our best to fit you in! What day were you thinking of Jeffers?

About the middle of the week would be good do you have the tip there as i have still got standard on mine ?? cheers mate..

got to say out of all the installs ed`s look the neatest and would look even neater if the ic was black.

Sorry to say but the other 2 look unfinished imo.

well in some respect mine aint 100% finished at the mo but im keeping mine on show.
but everyone is different which is good otherwise we would all have the same lol ..

Mine IS unfinished, I can't hide that offside pipe until I can remove the front towing eye, and to remove the front towing eye, I need somewhere else for the towing eye to go, as you must have one for track use.

That said, Jeffers looks as if some stole his lower bumper, or its been in a bad crash and he hasnt had the body shop finish up yet...

Funny enough mine was in a bit of a bump i bought it bumped lol but for some reason even before it was bumped the bumper has always hung down strange really must be one of them ones ..

But it works i suppose i need some good weather now to finish it off tho could be a long wait..

RichA3Turbo has the perfect bumper to hide the FMIC, although its £££ and apparently a ****** to fit...

DPM said:
Jeff we'd need to get it in for you but that isn't a problem, usually within the next day! Middle of the week should be fine bud!

Ok mate ill give you a ring tom and have a chat about a day etc thanks again mate..