A3 2008 AC Heater Blower Motor

doce

Reaction score
I have a weird problem with my AC fan blower. I haven't found that anyone has had a similar problem, but still, maybe someone knows what the problem is. So, a while ago the fan started squealing, then suddenly the fan stopped working. I disassembled the glove box, cleaned the fan, and oiled the bearing, then everything worked as it should. Again, after a month the problem appeared, but there was no squealing sound and the fan was working only up to a half speed. I can turn the speed down, but when I turn it up, it can only go half and even if I set it to the max on A/C, it will spin only at about the medium speed. I disassembled the glove box again, then I noticed something weird. When I put the blower on the ground, it works perfectly from minimum to high speed, but as soon as I put it back in the housing, it can't go above medium speed. After all, I took the car to the shop. They found the same problem, checked the wiring and sensors, and replaced the capacitor but everything seemed fine except when they locked the blower inside the housing, the problem was still present. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is here? To me, this looks like a problem with the signal wires, they are thin, and it is known that the A3 8P has bad wiring. At least I have experienced on several occasions that the wires inside have broken, and the insulation looks perfect.

Can u not find another case to try ur unit in .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Well, I don't have another A3 where I can install my fan and try, unfortunately. Certainly, the fan works when it is out of the housing, it works normally and can spin at maximum speed as well. I took the car back to the shop, now I told them to cut the factory wires and bring in two new signal wires from climatronic to the fan. It's cheaper for me to try this first than to order a new fan, because it's not cheap part just to buy a new one and try it, there's a good chance that the fan is not broken at all.

The signal wires were replaced but the problem is still present, so I guess the fan is busted. The resistor was also replaced, so I assume that the problem is either in the fan or in the climatronic unit itself but the electrician says that the climatronic does not give any codes, so probably it's the fan.

It was a fan itself. I tried to fix it but unfortunately, there was no easy way to disassemble the bearing. I cleaned it well with some engine cleaner spray and removed all gunk from the motor but this way I also removed all lubricate from the bearing. Since there was no way I could put some lubricate inside again properly, I didn't manage to fix it. I just purchased a new fan and it's all good now.

Reactions: ahtcap