SQ5 Ordered a new SQ5 - while I still can.

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I‘ve had my current SQ5 about two and a half years and I’ve always liked it enormously. It’s got a great blend of abilities and is exactly the right car for my as I settle into my sixties. Only thing is, circumstances at the time forced me to buy it in a hurry, and it wasn’t my first choice colour (non-metallic black) or spec. Also, it’s now six years old and I want to keep with an ICE-powered car for at least another five years to see how the electric infrastructure improves.

Knowing that an all-new Q5 platform is imminent, I decided to take the plunge and order a last of the line SQ5 on the current platform before it becomes unavailable. Hard experience has taught me over the years that it’s better to get the last of the old model than the first of the new. So the order has gone in, via Drive The Deal. From a list price of around £67,000, it’s discounted to £56,500. It’ll be a Black Edition in Daytona Grey (I picked Floret Silver when ordering but will change that) with rotor grey Nappa leather and flat bottomed wheel. The only option I’ve picked is a collapsible spare wheel. I would have picked some other toys but the ones I fancied were all bundled into packs alongside stuff I didn’t want and wasn’t willing to pay for.

It’s going to be a long wait - January next year is the forecast, but this is a car I’m buying with my head, not my heart. I’ve got plenty of thing to take care of in the meantime, not least of which is nursing Mrs Grumpy Old Man back to health after emergency surgery last month following a series of mini strokes. We’ve also got an eighteen week old pup giving us the runaround.

By the new year, Mrs GOM should be back to full strength and the pup will be all growed up.

Reactions: Sandra and paul wev
Jan is a long time. I know they put them on stop sell due to engine shortages. Is that still affecting the lead time?

Then again I waited 9.5 months for my Q5