Audi A3 rattle / crack noise inside plastic

nonicker

Reaction score
There is an annoying rattle/crack noise coming from B-pillar and from right top of rear seat belts. The noise is present only when i drive over bumps on the road. It sounds like plastic is cracking/adjusting.
Ive marked the noise sources on the photo.
Anyone had similar problems? Managed to fix it?
A3 8V sportback 2019.
20240426 092129

I’ve got this exact issue but only on the front passenger seatbelt pillar, I’m unsure but I’m thinking of buying some sound dampening as my door has an issue too.

Reactions: nonicker
It's not an unusual problem, at least for the front seatbelt adjuster. Audi replaced mine under warranty but even the replacement started to rattle after a while

Reactions: nonicker
OK, ive maanged to isolate the noise source and apply a quick fix :)
Cracking noise was coming from the rear seat belt holder plastic cover (marked with red arrows).
I placed firm heat insulation material underneath the plastic (so it strains that plastic piece upwards). Test drove a few miles on bumpy roads and it was better.

OK, ive maanged to isolate the noise source and apply a quick fix :)
Cracking noise was coming from the rear seat belt holder plastic cover (marked with red arrows).
I placed firm heat insulation material underneath the plastic (so it strains that plastic piece upwards). Test drove a few miles on bumpy roads and it was better.

View attachment 275953
I’ll check mine and see if I can do the same, I’ll keep you posted :)