Unwanted noises

i-spy

Reaction score
Gents,

In January, my A3 Sedan was finally delivered and I am a very happy owner. My Audi has ~3400 km of mileage. During this period I noticed some strange noises in the cabin and in a boot - this is what I would like to check with you.
The first is indicator lever. It is obvious to me, that after a turn when the lever backs to its neutral position it makes 'click' noise. But apart from that normal noise my lever does a lot of extra noises, like: I turn the indicator on before a turn and still go straight - now when turning steering wheel slightly left or right there is a strange noise from the lever - extra cracks. How is your car? Do you have any extra noises apart from this normal click when disabling the indicator?
Second issue is tailgate boot flap (just to remind: I have salon\limousine chassis). When opening - again - it isn't noiseless - I hear extra noise which sounds fluid brimming out of elevating cylinder which stops the flap. And again, how is your experience? Is your flap completely silent or you have noise which is similar to what I described.

Thank for your reports!

I tested the boot at lunchtime. First use is completely silent, however if you then repeatedly lower and raise the boot lid (not sure why you'd want to?) I can hear the hydraulic fluid noise you describe.

No idea regarding the indicator stalks, there's certainly no additional noises on mine.

First use is completely silent, however if you then repeatedly lower and raise the boot lid (not sure why you'd want to?) I can hear the hydraulic fluid noise you describe.

This is exactly my case - thanks for confirmation.
Regarding indicator stalks - hope somebody else will check it.

Thanks!

Reactions: Simon L
Does a saloon have gas struts on the boot lid? If it does it may well be the damping oil inside it.
The cracking noise from the indicator is probably because its faulty and overriding the return to central mechanism.

Reactions: veeeight
Doesn't the indicator stalk just click slightly when the steering wheel gets to the point of setting the indicators to auto return. (Did you follow that?!) I haven't really noticed it in mine, but have on other cars before.

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Doesn't the indicator stalk just click slightly when the steering wheel gets to the point of setting the indicators to auto return. (Did you follow that?!) I haven't really noticed it in mine, but have on other cars before.
As far as I know this is correct!

When I operate the indicator stalk in either direction and then turn the wheel in either direction, past the point of auto-return, I hear a slight 'click'. My A1 did exactly the same and as have a few different models of car I've owned. Sure it's normal.

'Click' when the steering wheel gets to the point of setting is ok to me. But what I would like to ask you about is any extra noises out of the indicator stalk - apart from above mentioned click.
Based on your replies I can draw a conclusion that you haven't noticed any. Unfortunately my stalk does a lot of extra cracks, which looks like a faulty.

Agree with the click as the steering angle passes the point to engage the indicator stalk auto-release. The only other time I hear a louder click is when the stalk is still being held (by finger) when the wheel angle passes the auto-release point; very rare that I do that though.

Gents,

what about this strange noise of the engine?
https://goo.gl/photos/h42D3hWyM39rF8AG6
it is like "bry, bry, bry" in the background - the noise ends in the end of the movie (you will not be able to hear it on laptop speakers or mobile - more-advanced speakers required ;)
The sound is when the engine is cold, I just leave the garage out and stopped to close the garage gate.