Error code P220B Nox Sensor AUDI A7 2019 3.0 DIESEL

lewiso97

Reaction score
Having issues with my AUDI A7 2O19 3.0 DIESEL.

Fault code P220B; NOx sensor supply voltage circuit bank 1 sensor 2. I know these are a common fault after speaking with the very useful warranty company. Can anyone assist on where to find this sensor and any tips or tricks to try fix it before getting audi involved to replace it.

Attachments

• NOX SENSOR.jpg
    NOX SENSOR.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 386
There is a lot to do about that! I have just replaced this sensor of my 2019 A6 C8 50Tdi, with Err code P229F - implausable Signal. This sensor is the last one on the exhaust under the car and easy to access, see encircled no19 on below drawing. Common problems are: damage of the wiring leading to the module of the sensor, damage of the wiring from the module to the sensor and sensor failure! First check the wiring leading to the module as it is in the open under the car (!?). Keep in mind that only the original Audi replacement is working (Chinese will not, I know by trail on error). Replacement part is 4K0907807AJ, see picture for reference. You can however try to change the sensor only, but my gutfeeling is telling me you have a damaged power supply cable. There are 5 cables on the connector, ground,canbus1,canbus2,power,ground. The fuse for it sits under the footrest on the left of the drivers footweld.
dab1c001ced820f9e0e59d3709f91c5b.jpg

626e8d0e1dcca168facbd073ac725820.jpg
a19eb261fb11bd2ebdc48ac96f0b58c0.jpg

931b15779ef4bb540df86e94fc57f28a.jpg

Last edited:
Having issues with my AUDI A7 2O19 3.0 DIESEL.

Fault code P220B; NOx sensor supply voltage circuit bank 1 sensor 2. I know these are a common fault after speaking with the very useful warranty company. Can anyone assist on where to find this sensor and any tips or tricks to try fix it before getting audi involved to replace it.
Hi, did you solve your Nox problems??

Verstuurd vanaf mijn DN2103 met Tapatalk

I had this error on my "old" A7. I ended up selling the car because the person who bought it said they would take care of fixing it themselves. But I'm still wondering what exactly the error was and what the solution might have been??

Me too and it is always disappointing when you give someone advice and they do not react anymore!!

Hi r.vaneck, thanks for your posts.
I have on my A6 45 tdi avant 2019 similar issue

30391 - NOx Sensor 2 Bank 1
P229E 00 [237] - Electrical Malfunction

I ordered the part - you are referring to and would like to change it. I fear that I would need to lift the car up or a jack or a ramp would do it?

Many thanks!

hi guys i have a 30.tdi (50tdi) this car has been very very well maintained and i have a full wright up and solution for an issue which was found and rectified by audi ayr awesome dealership ! the problem is the power supply from what i can read on the paperwork master tech took power feed from another place/moduel and fused elsewhere which causes the problem see attached files! from what i can make out not sure if it helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 110
Hi Adrian, thanks for the pictures and the insights from your repair. I understand that in your case the power supply was fault and the car service took power from somewhere else (instead of replacing the whole sensor) - correct?
Thanks!

not sure mate was done before my purchase, 3 modules take same feed apparently one was constantly blowing a fuse so feed was taken from else were hard too read if im honest! lol but if it helps anyone then for then perfect

Hi Adrian, thanks. I think I get it.

Yesterday when changing the sensor we saw that one cable from the connector was pretty dirty (see the picture - the one with the green rubber seal). So we cleaned it up connected it back and cleared the fault from the computer. Then we drove around 60 km for a test and everything was fine. The same fault came out later though again, so we need to change the end of the that cable and if does not work either to try to take the power from elsewhere as in your case. It seems that I bought the sensor for nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_5182.jpeg
    IMG_5182.jpeg
    832.7 KB · Views: 122
high resistance i what i can read blown fuse,theres three moduels taking feed for power from the same fuse/supply so high power draw so he took a feed from else were and all was good thats the best i can make out lol but if you need any further info detailed pics i can get some up

Hi r.vaneck, thanks for your posts.
I have on my A6 45 tdi avant 2019 similar issue

30391 - NOx Sensor 2 Bank 1
P229E 00 [237] - Electrical Malfunction

I ordered the part - you are referring to and would like to change it. I fear that I would need to lift the car up or a jack or a ramp would do it?

Many thanks!
You wil have to jack or lift it up a little .. but I recon you're already fixed it!?