1.8tfsi misfiring on idle and intermittnet limp mode

A10_HUY

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals,

I'm back again with more trouble

I've got some codes now from vcds but I'm struggling to identify the one thing that is likely to be the cause.

Could anyone help shed some light please?

'Leak in air intake system' sounds pretty conclusive!
I've seen people recommend some light sprays of starter fluid around suspect areas. If the revs jump, you've found the culprit.
Is there a history to this or has it just come out of the blue?

Intake manifold was bodged by previous owner, took ages to get right was running like new but now leaking into air intake

I'll dig around see what I can find

So found ocv was knackered last night, the little hole at the top was blowing air like a steam train

Replaced with new and car ran mint on idle for about 10 minutes now just as bad as before

Same fault, intake air leak and multiple random misfire. I bet if I left it longer the lean code will return also.

Thing is if I take off the pipe from pcv to intake manifold and block the manifold port, it runs like brand new. Can I just cap this off? I can't be the first person to ever wonder this surely?

Thing is if I take off the pipe from pcv to intake manifold and block the manifold port, it runs like brand new. Can I just cap this off? I can't be the first person to ever wonder this surely?
What's the condition of that pipe? Sounds like it could have a leak

It's fine I even plugged one end and blew into the other and it held pressure

Pretty much you have pin pointed pcv hose to manifold. Probably o-rings not sealing good enough anymore.