Wind Deflectors?

ctraz

Reaction score
I've been searching for wind deflectors for a while and cannot seem to find anything for the 8Y. I have a feeling it's due to the folding side mirrors.

Anyone able to find anything that fits?

Heko do them for 8y saloon and sport back

Sent from my XQ-CT54 using Tapatalk
Thank you. Unfortunately, doesn't look like they ship to US.
Gives me hope though.

Reactions: Ian Downes
Wind deflectors should only be placed inside a bin

Agreed.

Tacky as hell…….along with stick on diffusers and other Maxton tat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBF01
Agreed.

Tacky as hell…….along with stick on diffusers and other Maxton tat.

Well stick on diffusers serve 0 purpose..

Wind deflectors are for people that want fresh air as opposed to the provided air that gets sucked in by the air circulation system in the car... people that think they are put on for any other reason completely miss the point. My partner suffers from asthma, the climatronic system in the car doesn't really help her at all, so 2 windows needs to be cracked open at all times... geuss what the wind deflectors keep the rain out! And that's why i have them for nothing else. people who think they are put on because they are put on to make the car look cool (like those replies above) clearly never thought about the actual functions of the wind deflectors.

Reactions: kayemill, Anyname and Ian Downes
Wind deflectors are for people that want fresh air as opposed to the provided air that gets sucked in by the air circulation system in the car... people that think they are put on for any other reason completely miss the point. My partner suffers from asthma, the climatronic system in the car doesn't really help her at all, so 2 windows needs to be cracked open at all times... geuss what the wind deflectors keep the rain out! And that's why i have them for nothing else. people who think they are put on because they are put on to make the car look cool (like those replies above) clearly never thought about the actual functions of the wind deflectors.

Well aware of what they do thanks…..

Doesn’t mean we can’t have an opinion on them though.

Reactions: FBF01 and northpole
True same as how I got my opinion about you lot having that opinion about people that have them on their cars... I rather not have them but needs be.

Reactions: 8YARWY

I have them on one of the general runabout barges. I spend a lot of time in it standing still waiting and rather than running the engine to make use of dwindling aircon to stop me and the other animals steaming up the place, I just crack 2 windows open an inch or two. Given we seem to have decided gutters are a bad idea sometime in the 90s and it seems to **** down more than it used to, I fitted some to stop the footwell filling with water.

They work well and I couldn't give two hoots what they look like when they do a job I need. Bit like all the other stuff like roof rack, work lights, tow bar, winch etc etc

If I needed them on the RS3 they would be there but I don't so they are not.

Reactions: 8YARWY and northpole
In the UK wind deflectors are associated with a certain genre of car driver, hence the replies you're getting.... im guessing its different over the pond?
Yes I’m in the states. What certain genre of driver do you mean?

Reactions: northpole
Yes I’m in the states. What certain genre of driver do you mean?
Showing my age here, I'd call them 'Gary Boys', Generally purchasing stick on body parts, loud stereos, wind screen sun bands etc, id guess Gary boy originates from Cockney rhyming slang? Gary meaning shitter

I will add I have wind deflectors on our Kuga (Dog Taxi) for the exact reasons given above and boy have my kids given me **** for them :)

Reactions: northpole and 8YARWY
Lol i'm oldskool too hence the reason I had to give my opinion, luckily the old barge i have them on is an A4 Avant B7 S-line... a bit less of an eye sore on that and since it's not lowered it doesn't really put the car in that category.