Stock Map

DaveW23

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was trouble shooting the judder issue I am experencing with the car today and the conversation I was involved with turned to the feasibility of un-doing the remap and reverting the car back to the stock configuration. I am not in possession of the stock map. Are there people on the internet that can help with this and provide stock maps?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Dave

Hi Dave,

How long has the car been mapped for?
Has the juddering issue occurred since having the map done recently?
Most reputable tuners should be able to advise and may possible have the stock map available.

Hi Dave,

How long has the car been mapped for?
Has the juddering issue occurred since having the map done recently?
Most reputable tuners should be able to advise and may possible have the stock map available.
Hi Rob,

The car has been remapped for around 3.5 years and the judder is a recent symptom that could be a boost leak or a problem with the turbo/actuator which occurs at high revs. I'm trying to get the turbo hoses smoke tested and while in discussion yesterday it was brought up that it may be worth reversing the remap but I was sceptical about this course of action as I feel it is an extreme measure that is too far in advance of the current state of my troubleshooting process.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Dave

Hi Rob,

The car has been remapped for around 3.5 years and the judder is a recent symptom that could be a boost leak or a problem with the turbo/actuator which occurs at high revs. I'm trying to get the turbo hoses smoke tested and while in discussion yesterday it was brought up that it may be worth reversing the remap but I was sceptical about this course of action as I feel it is an extreme measure that is too far in advance of the current state of my troubleshooting process.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Dave
I doubt reversing the map will help, sounds like a more fundamental issue.
Have you had a VCDS scan recently?

agreed, judder occurs at low revs high torque applications, usually at higher revs the torque is lower so you dont get judder.

most mappers keep an original though so you can get it off them if you know who they are but im sure they will charge,

if you have the kit you can get maps offline, i got an original for my ecu number off a mapping forum for free.