3.0tdi What figures should I be getting from stage 2 map?

Dannych90

Reaction score
Hi new here so forgive me if this is in the wrong place!

I’ve recently had my B8 Audi A5 3.0tdi mapped by a local “reputable” company. I have had a map put on that is giving me 310bhp and 600nm. My car is far from stock and I was told this was a “stage 2” tune.

I have a downpipe and straight through exhaust fitted and am running the GTB2260VK turbo.

I’m wondering why my tuner has told me they would not push the car any further?

I’ve attached a copy of my dyno report as I just feel like it doesn’t look right. Any thoughts comments or suggestions are very welcome

Attachments

• 322C2F6B-A7AF-4B57-B8B0-BF1AAB083D55.png
    322C2F6B-A7AF-4B57-B8B0-BF1AAB083D55.png
    643.4 KB · Views: 163
Fuel pump is the limiting factor at around this power.

I plan to upgrade to CP3 in the near future but what I’m trying to find out is what other people have managed to get from a similar set up to my own

CCWA engine. Torque looks light to me it should be making more like 700Nm which will help to improve midrange response.
See if @bobby singh can add anything.

Reactions: Dannych90
Thanks Karl

@Dannych90 - I tune a lot of these 3.0TDI engines and my own car is a CCWA.
CCWA runs a CP4 pump which are known to eat themselves (regardless of being tuned or not)
I do a CP3 pump kit to fix that issue.
However, if you didn't want to go down that route then a re tune of what you have will release more power.

Here is a ball park with both pumps:
CP4 (ccwa) - 310 to 320hp / 680 to 720nm (mostly depends on the condition of the pump)

CP3 on a CCWA does around 330 to 335hp / 750 to 800nm

Plenty more examples on my channel - https://www.youtube.com/@BobbySinghRacing/
Any other questions then its best to drop me a email - BobbySinghRacing@outlook.com

One thing to note - not all tuners are equal most of them just buy in files and flash it on the car within 20mins, you'd be surprised how many big companies do this.

Cheers

Reactions: Kriva, pelhamsdetailing and Dannych90
Reactions: TangoDeltaSierra3
Thanks for your thoughts Bobby I’ve just had to take the car back to the mappers as they added a hardcut to my map and no more than 3 minutes of me driving away my car suddenly wouldn’t rev past 1.5k and was really hitting a wall even if I put my foot right down. I took it back to them and they told me that it could have been a boost leak lol.

safe to say I got my money back and the hardcut removed.

I have since added a larger intercooler from japspeed 600x300 and can feel the a massive difference in the car’s performance.

I have been looking at the cp3 kits as I’d like to push mid to late 300’s so I know it’s the obvious route. I bought the car from someone who didn’t know much about it at the the time and have found a lot of little things have already been done to it by a previous owner so I’m just wondering how do I find out which pump I have on currently?

Thanks for your thoughts Bobby I’ve just had to take the car back to the mappers as they added a hardcut to my map and no more than 3 minutes of me driving away my car suddenly wouldn’t rev past 1.5k and was really hitting a wall even if I put my foot right down. I took it back to them and they told me that it could have been a boost leak lol.

safe to say I got my money back and the hardcut removed.

I have since added a larger intercooler from japspeed 600x300 and can feel the a massive difference in the car’s performance.

I have been looking at the cp3 kits as I’d like to push mid to late 300’s so I know it’s the obvious route. I bought the car from someone who didn’t know much about it at the the time and have found a lot of little things have already been done to it by a previous owner so I’m just wondering how do I find out which pump I have on currently?
Installing a bigger intercooler on these doesn't make a massive difference until the outside temp is hot.
If you logged the air temp before and after you would have noticed its the same especially in these cold conditions we currently have.
I've never been a fan of hard cut limiter - just looks cheap imo
As mentioned you have a weak tune even for a CP4 fuel pump and I suspect its just generic flash n dash style.

You have a weak tune
Thanks Bobby it’s what I suspected to be honest. After a bit of digging on the company who done the map I’ve found that they’ve changed their name every year and had received a lot of bad feedback on previous company names. I should have looked deeper into them before going ahead with it!

Installing a bigger intercooler on these doesn't make a massive difference until the outside temp is hot.
If you logged the air temp before and after you would have noticed its the same especially in these cold conditions we currently have.
I've never been a fan of hard cut limiter - just looks cheap imo
As mentioned you have a weak tune even for a CP4 fuel pump and I suspect it’s just generic flash n dash ok
Now it's time to get yourself booked in with Bobby ;)
So it seems! Just a fairly big drive I’m in Manchester

Understandable, pal. You're evidently keen on getting the most out of it and investing in a car you're really enjoying, and could be enjoying even more. Perhaps make a weekend of the visit to Bobby? Stay in a local airbnb or hotel, and then when it's over, you'll be driving back in a different car underneath..

The important part is you'll be in very good hands and can come away from it feeling more confident about your time, investment and money. Nothing worse than feeling a lack of surety after a couple let downs.

Understandable, pal. You're evidently keen on getting the most out of it and investing in a car you're really enjoying, and could be enjoying even more. Perhaps make a weekend of the visit to Bobby? Stay in a local airbnb or hotel, and then when it's over, you'll be driving back in a different car underneath..

The important part is you'll be in very good hands and can come away from it feeling more confident about your time, investment and money. Nothing worse than feeling a lack of surety after a couple let downs.
That sounds like a very good idea to be honest mate!

Fancy a job at BSR marketing? :)

I know it’s far to travel mate but I've had people travel from Europe to get their cars right.
I’m just going through all the mods that I can do myself atm but as soon as I’m ready I’ll be in touch to get booked in I think mate. I’ve a question about the cp3 pumps.. do they need to be the r90 or is r85 okay?

R85 is a cp1 pump. I know everyone wants to save money and buy parts themselves. Just to give you my experience with people buying ebay parts is often the pumps have seized internals due rust. This as you can imagine creates a bigger issue when you try to engine with such parts. All my pumps I strip and clean before installing.

R85 is a cp1 pump. I know everyone wants to save money and buy parts themselves. Just to give you my experience with people buying ebay parts is often the pumps have seized internals due rust. This as you can imagine creates a bigger issue when you try to engine with such parts. All my pumps I strip and clean before installing.
Yeah I can imagine that there’s some degree of luck when buying any used parts from eBay but I think I am capable of stripping down and servicing the pump myself before fitting if need be either that or buying a recon with some form of warranty/guarantee.

the only problem I’ll have with this is the new pump will need mapping in and I won’t be trusting my local place to be doing it not with the issues I’ve had already

Its why you need to leave the car with me for a couple of days while I do the full drive in/out
Sometimes you can't cut corners