Petrol V's Diesel

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Now i have had a few drinks and i have always wondered whats is the best.
Now i base this post from A3/S3 8P forum .
Usually at least ( random number ) posts are about Diesel engines ) and not much about Petrol engines so is it save to assume more problems with the Diesel engines .
On side off Petrol engines cheaper fuel , better engine , sounds defo better on Cold start and when upto temp a beast .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Not a fan of diesel myself, totally stunned when Audi made the S4 a diesel.

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: ch1z64
Depends what your needs are I suppose, personally I have a Diesel because I tow a Caravan, the MPG gets murdered /or at least it did on the last petrol car I towed with, the newer Diesels are so complicated with all the emissions systems on them seems to be a lot of issues with Ad Blu on some VAG group Oil Burners, not sure whether they have ironed out the problems, I think its mostly to do with the crystalization of the Ad Blu causing blockages and the system to put car into limp mode.
Luckily mine is pre Ad Blu and Im wary of buying a new one due to the ongoing issues some people have experienced.
A Nice petrol engined car is great if you are not towing a 24 ft caravan behind you.

Reactions: ch1z64
I’ve had two diesels and one petrol, I’ve found petrol ones a lot more power silent and better sounds but diesels I found got more miles and good work horses but also cost more to insure than petrol ones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jonathan charles
I got the mrs her 2.0 tdi as it was cheaper to run simple as that to be honest, Audis have always been a dream car for her hence going for the A3 to begin with but as for engines ect I didn’t specifically want a diesel or petrol, it was just about cost overall and there’s no petrol offered on the 8p that even comes remotely close to running costs compared to the 2.0 tdi, £30 a year tax, cheap insurance even with 3 points and only 4 years no claims she still only pays about £500 a year, she gets almost twice the miles from a tank than my old a4 2.0 tfsi even with the price difference of fuel the diesel still out does the petrol models on money for miles, power wise if that’s your thing now it’s mapped it still does the same mpg but the power a stock 2.0 tfsi would make so speed wise it’s on par to petrol easily if performance is what you want, only down side is possibly the cold start as they are a little tractory but then again so is the tfsi engine, but once warm it’s silent.

So Diesel for me, at least in this platform and for what I wanted it for.

Reactions: Jonathan charles