Audi S3 MMI Reset & Front Right Speaker Not Working Or Low Volume

Lee Rance

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

New to the platfrom and fingers crossed looking for some good advice.

I have recently brought a second hand Audi S3 from a private seller.

for the first month I had 0 issues with the car but fast forward 6 months I now have the below issues.

Front right speaker doesn't work or is extremely low compared to the others (have checked sound settings)
MMI system keeps resetting constantly when driving, and will do so every 2-3 minutes even on long journeys.
Exhaust system will not change when flicking through driver select, and when choosing dynamic will still sound the same.

I am lucky enough that my old man used to work for Audi, and even when testing with the laptop the mechanics use it still doesnt work nor do Audi know whats causing the problem (apparently new 5f unit required for 3k)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
last seen today at 1:24 pm

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2022-08-28 at 2.29.31 PM (1).zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 90
Im probably not any help but would help get some answers if you state which MMI you have? Mib1(pfl), mib2(fl), b&o, Audi sound system hi/lo etc
lots of variations.

Reactions: Lee Rance
5F units from main dealer are stupid prices, you can get them on ebay with component protection removed already so its plug n play just make sure u match up part numbers, you can't put an MIB2 5f into an MIB1 setup

Reactions: Lee Rance